Menu

What's with the ads?

SeaConquest

2018-2019 planning for your AL

On 5/10/2018 at 6:14 AM, MamaSprout said:

I signed up for Clover Creek 15 minutes after getting the email, fortunately! I had been following the last couple of years so I made sure to be on the email list:-) The other classes don't fill up quickly but I will definitely need to get around to it for my peace of mind. 

Bummer about the Biozone book -- I bought mine on Amazon a few weeks ago! Thank you anyway! 

• Like 2

Sorta related, but are any ALs in Dicentra's new chem class? We are hoping to do Clover Creek in 5th and Dicentra's class in 6th to prepare for APs or DE classes in middle school. 

1 hour ago, SeaConquest said:

Sorta related, but are any ALs in Dicentra's new chem class? We are hoping to do Clover Creek in 5th and Dicentra's class in 6th to prepare for APs or DE classes in middle school. 

None here, but an fyi for Clover Creek - I think the requirements were to have completed Algebra, as she provides Algebra based homework. Not sure if concurrent is an option.

I would love to do Dicentra's class after but alas the plan right now is to transition back to middle school by eighth. We're tapping out on socialization apparently and I can't clone myself unfortunately. Maybe hire another driver. Or get another husband. Options....

2 hours ago, SanDiegoMom in VA said:

None here, but an fyi for Clover Creek - I think the requirements were to have completed Algebra, as she provides Algebra based homework. Not sure if concurrent is an option.

I would love to do Dicentra's class after but alas the plan right now is to transition back to middle school by eighth. We're tapping out on socialization apparently and I can't clone myself unfortunately. Maybe hire another driver. Or get another husband. Options....

Thanks. I already talked to Jetta about it (and got on the interest list, since it fills up so fast). Sacha is doing AoPS PA and a regular algebra (Jacobs) at the same time next year to try to get into Epsilon (they want algebra to apply). He will take AoPS Algebra concurrent with Jetta's class in 5th, and she said that was fine.

• Like 2

I have heard of Clover Creek Physics, but I am unsure what Dicentra’s class is. Would you mind sharing? 

I am a bit lost about science plans for next year. I think we might sign up for a co-op for enrichment. One of the classes offered is a science fair advisory. He is still working on his turbine. He has had trouble with his bridge rectifier. This plus hopefully getting a more mentor relationship with local professor help fill the science spot, but his projects are always on-going and I need something else. Maybe spend the year on astronomy and draw lots of star charts. This seems basic to me, but I am sure we can find some topic to delve into. I will try to get a plan together soon to post, but open to ideas.

15 hours ago, arliemaria said:

I have heard of Clover Creek Physics, but I am unsure what Dicentra’s class is. Would you mind sharing? 

I am a bit lost about science plans for next year. I think we might sign up for a co-op for enrichment. One of the classes offered is a science fair advisory. He is still working on his turbine. He has had trouble with his bridge rectifier. This plus hopefully getting a more mentor relationship with local professor help fill the science spot, but his projects are always on-going and I need something else. Maybe spend the year on astronomy and draw lots of star charts. This seems basic to me, but I am sure we can find some topic to delve into. I will try to get a plan together soon to post, but open to ideas.

Sure. http://www.clovervalleychemistry.com/

On 4/3/2018 at 9:00 AM, Runningmom80 said:

I am finally ready to post my plans!

(well what I have of them)

oldest (11.5) seventh grade

• BYL year 8 (History of Science)
  • Lord of the Rings class at G3
  • Bravewriter passion for fiction online
  • Science - Physics (I need to figure out something for this)
  • Math - Finish up Jacobs Algebra and start Geometry somehow lol

twins: (8) third grade

• Singapore math for DD and BA for DS
  • mystery science 
  • history unboxed
  • lots of Art
  • Bravewriter Partnership Writing
  • MCT Island

Decided against BYL.  As much as I love the idea of it, and I obviously do because I post that I'm using it every year, 😂 it's not going to work for my asynchronous guy.

So he's doing 

• Online G3 Lord of the Rings study in the Fall, and something else they offer for Spring
  • Oak Meadow Chemistry (unless i can get us into this clover valley situation)
  • Finish Jacobs, start Geometry, probably Derek Owens
  • Oak Meadow World History & Geography
  • Masterclasses! Jane Goodall and Judy Blume 🙂
  • HSA for Spanish (we've been so very happy with this)
  •  

In other news, one of my twins is probably going to public school!  I'm really conflicted about it. 

• Like 1

On 6/5/2018 at 7:33 AM, Runningmom80 said:

Decided against BYL.  As much as I love the idea of it, and I obviously do because I post that I'm using it every year, 😂 it's not going to work for my asynchronous guy.

So he's doing 

• Online G3 Lord of the Rings study in the Fall, and something else they offer for Spring
  • Oak Meadow Chemistry (unless i can get us into this clover valley situation)
  • Finish Jacobs, start Geometry, probably Derek Owens
  • Oak Meadow World History & Geography
  • Masterclasses! Jane Goodall and Judy Blume 🙂
  • HSA for Spanish (we've been so very happy with this)
  •  

In other news, one of my twins is probably going to public school!  I'm really conflicted about it. 

Half my kids go to public school.  It was hard to make the decision, but it's worked out very well.  Everyone is happy and getting their needs met.  Just curious, what's spurring the change?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cake and Pi said:

Half my kids go to public school.  It was hard to make the decision, but it's worked out very well.  Everyone is happy and getting their needs met.  Just curious, what's spurring the change?

She is! She’s a bubbly extrovert, she needs lots of interaction on a daily basis that I just can’t give her. 

• Like 1