Menu

weekly meal plan

Elizabeth86

Tonight:  Frozen junk food.  One kid isn't home, the other two can get fish sticks or taquitos later.

Tomorrow: Lunch - Leftovers (homemade mac n cheese or white bean soup), Dinner - Zesty Meatball Soup (or just reheated meatballs on paper plates, depends on my mood, lol)

Sunday:  Brunch - Crepes, Bacon, Fruit (fillings for crepes), Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread; Dinner - ETA: Spinach Artichoke Chicken skillet - I have spinach and artichoke hearts to use up.

Monday: Lunch - Squashage Casserole, Dinner - Leftovers (grocery shopping day)

Tuesday:  Taco Tuesday

Wednesday: Baked Potato Soup, Salad, Cheesy Bread Balls (those little frozen cheese bread balls they have at Costco - tired of them falling out of my freezer)

Thursday: Veggie Fried Rice

And now I can find my menu later, haha.

Edited by BarbecueMom
  • Like 1

Oooh! I just made mine.  It uses some freezer food, because I'm hoping to have a baby next week, and then someone can feed my kids without me.  I'm being optimistic, though, and I'll probably be pregnant two more weeks.

Saturday: "crunchy chicken" with steamed green beans and backed acorn squash (I use this recipe with chicken tenderloins instead of pounded breasts, and I bake instead of fry.  I also double it at least, and freeze some chicken fingers for quick kid meals: https://barefootcontessa.com/recipes/parmesan-chicken)

Sunday: burgers with sweet potato fries and probably a salad for me

Monday: cashew chicken stir fry - velvet stir fry recipe from Well Fed Paleo.  Rice for the kids and dh.

Tuesday: spaghetti and meatballs (meatballs and marinara from my freezer.  Meatballs are another Ina Garten recipe)

Wednesday: breakfast for dinner - whole grain pancakes with berries and syrup and bacon

Thursday: slasa verde chicken (Practical Paleo recipe - makes a ton in the crockpot) tacos; if there's not a baby, I'll turn DH and mine into enchiladas

Friday: Papa John's brings pizza

Oooh! I just made mine. It uses some freezer food, because I'm hoping to have a baby next week, and then someone can feed my kids without me. I'm being optimistic, though, and I'll probably be pregnant two more weeks.

Saturday: "crunchy chicken" with steamed green beans and backed acorn squash (I use this recipe with chicken tenderloins instead of pounded breasts, and I bake instead of fry. I also double it at least, and freeze some chicken fingers for quick kid meals: https://barefootcontessa.com/recipes/parmesan-chicken)

Sunday: burgers with sweet potato fries and probably a salad for me

Monday: cashew chicken stir fry - velvet stir fry recipe from Well Fed Paleo. Rice for the kids and dh.

Tuesday: spaghetti and meatballs (meatballs and marinara from my freezer. Meatballs are another Ina Garten recipe)

Wednesday: breakfast for dinner - whole grain pancakes with berries and syrup and bacon

Thursday: slasa verde chicken (Practical Paleo recipe - makes a ton in the crockpot) tacos; if there's not a baby, I'll turn DH and mine into enchiladas

Friday: Papa John's brings pizza

Oh hoping for a baby for you too!! What week pregnant are you?

Oh hoping for a baby for you too!! What week pregnant are you?

I'll be 38 weeks on Monday.  I don't usually go this early, but I have gestational diabetes and most likely looking an an induction at 39 weeks, so I'm crossing my fingers my body gets the memo before that!

• Like 2

Everyone gets their own breakfast and lunch here. Dinners this week:

Trader Joe's orange chicken, rice, salad

steak sandwiches

calzones

trying pioneer woman's beef noodle bowl recipe at dh's request.

chicken tenders, roasted red pepper soup, salad

beef tacos

sandwich night

• Like 1

tonight: It is date night so we usually go out, but I am not feeling well so DH is bringing home Chinese take out for me, and he wants a frozen pizza.  Kids will have frozen pizza or chicken nuggets

tomorrow: Stew and homemade rolls

Sunday: Ham, mac & cheese, roasted brocolli

Monday: Roast, potatoes, carrots

Tuesday: Tacos and refried beans

Wednesday: Pork roast, homemade applesauce, rice

Thursday: beef stroganoff made with leftover roast

Edited by loowit
  • Like 1

I'll be 38 weeks on Monday. I don't usually go this early, but I have gestational diabetes and most likely looking an an induction at 39 weeks, so I'm crossing my fingers my body gets the memo before that!

fingers crossed. induction is not fun imo. I'm 28 weeks this week. I am usually overdue so I keep saying I have 12 to 14 weeks to go cause I'm just being real here. I can't wait to hear how your birth went and all the new baby stats and pics if you share! If not, still exciting!

Tonight: takeout night - 3 of us got Japanese, 2 got pizza

Saturday: Buddha bowls with crispy peanut tofu and spicy chickpeas

Sunday: homemade pizza

Monday: sweet potato taco bowls

Tuesday: crispy shrimp wraps with sriracha mayo and pickled onion

Wednesday: salmon, endive, and quinoa bowls with green goddess sauce

Thursday: black rice risotto

• Like 1

Breakfast and lunch here is make your own or leftovers.

Dinners this week are :

Tonight: Salmon, rice, oven roasted veggies

Saturday: Black bean burgers, strawberries

Sunday: Chili Mac

Monday: Parm crusted chicken, orzo, broccoli

Tuesday: Twice baked potatoes

Wednesday: Large salad with grilled chicken

Thursday: Waffles, eggs, fruit

• Like 1