Menu

s/of buying - waffle iron

EmilyGF

I got the Cuisinart WAF-300 Belgian Waffle Maker with pancake plates. I like that the plates are removable and dishwasher safe. Since we’re vegan and “egg†breakfast sandwiches use a more batter like consistency replacement, the pancake plates are perfect for that sort of thing. Dh wishes the waffles were crispier all the way throughwhich they would be if the wells were smaller, but I like that they’re pretty large size-wise. I can get away with making fewer waffles.

There dial has an off and settings 1-6. There’s an audible tone when the waffle is finished. Did I mention the plates were removable and dishwasher safe? :)

my preference is for old aluminum waffle irons from the 50's & 60's.

they're deeper than the modern non-stick, but not so huge as the belgian.

if you brush oil over them after they've heated, before the first waffle each time - I've never had an issue sticking.  (except the time dd decided to put blueberries in her waffles. . . . we had to run them through an oven clean cycle and reheat season.)

I've had inherited ones, one from a garage sale, and possibly one from a thrift store - so they're also super cheap.  but they make the best waffles.  I really don't' like any I've ever had on one of those non-stick modern things.  they just don't' cook right.

I've also thought about getting one of those cast iron things for my gas stove top. . . .

I bought the Waring WMK600 Double Belgian Waffle Maker two years ago this month (thanks for the data point Amazon) and I still love it. I go back and forth liking thin versus thick waffles and my thin waffle maker had died, so it was time to get a thick waffle maker again.

Being able to make two at one time is really important to me, I wish I could make four at one time, but two is a good compromise. I think someday I'll a second double waffle iron (one that makes thin waffles) and then my breakfast life will be perfect. 

This one takes up a good amount of room though... so, that may be one concern. 

• Like 1

I bought the Waring WMK600 Double Belgian Waffle Maker two years ago this month (thanks for the data point Amazon) and I still love it. I go back and forth liking thin versus thick waffles and my thin waffle maker had died, so it was time to get a thick waffle maker again.

Being able to make two at one time is really important to me, I wish I could make four at one time, but two is a good compromise. I think someday I'll a second double waffle iron (one that makes thin waffles) and then my breakfast life will be perfect.

This one takes up a good amount of room though... so, that may be one concern.

This looks like what I have (mine is probably 6 years old, though, so maybe a previous version) and I like it.