Menu

I'm happy. I did it my way!

Night Elf

Since no one around here really gets into Christmas like I do, I took DH's advice and chose the things that bring me joy. I bought gifts this year in addition to the cash gifts we'll give each child. I just finished wrapping gifts and they're all ready to go under my tree that we're going to put up on Friday night. My tree won't be naked! I already hung up the stockings, mostly because I needed to make sure a few things were actually going to fit into them. I had to wrap one stocking stuffer as a gift for under the tree but oh well. She still has plenty in her stocking. This year, I didn't go for an even number of gifts because it doesn't seem to bother anyone but me. I got gifts for each person that I thought they'd like. 

I say the tree is going up Friday night. College girl is getting home that afternoon and I don't want to wait another day. I wanted this tree up a week ago but wanted to wait for dd because she said she did want to help with it. If she really doesn't want to do it Friday night, I'm willing to wait until Saturday but that's as far as I go. That tree is going up even if I have to assemble and decorate it myself. AND I'm playing Christmas music while I do it!! 

College dd asked for her favorite muffins so I'll bake Friday while DH goes to get her from school. She also requested we make lemon bars some time this break. I've got to find an easy recipe for that. 

I hope all of you find your own joy this holiday.  :grouphug:

• Like 40

That sounds wonderful!

I get my bonus check tomorrow, have not been able to shop yet.  I have knitted a few gifts.

We have a tree and it is in it's base undecorated and has been for a week.  I am enjoying it anyway.

We are going for a no stress holiday, much as we did on Thanksgiving.  Home and quiet with just the outlaws, who I adore.

Instead of stressing out finding time and energy to make the standard cinnamon rolls, I found a quick and easy cinnamon roll french bread thing.

It's all good.

Edited by Lizzie in Ma
  • Like 2

I'm glad you're enjoying Christmas your way.  I agree with the person who said that maybe as others see you celebrating, they will join in.

We have had our tree up for almost a week, but it's not decorated yet.  It's fake and pre-lit, so we turn the lights on at night anyway.  Today is my day to get the boxes out and start decorating a bit.

I'm working on my Christmas Eve and Day menus too.

This lemon bar recipe from Ina Garten (Food Network) looks similar to the one I cut out of a newspaper years ago.  

Edited by marbel