Menu

Aauuggh!

klmama

Dh got frustrated with the mice ignoring our traps, and he put out poison without discussing it with me first. So, now we have at least one dead, smelly mouse here somewhere, and since we can't find it, we think it's in the walls. So, that means at least a few weeks of smell, maybe more.  ETA:  Am I remembering how long it takes correctly?  Christmas is coming!

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Edited by klmama

We have a live tiger snake  in our walls at the moment chasing some rodent. 

Last week Dh went up onto the  laundry roof ( luckily detached slightly form the main house) to see what was wrong with the satellite dish thingy as we no longer get TV reception. He noticed something moving rapidly towards him. it was a very large tiger snake. DH scrambled off the roof and the yelled out to everyone. I ran out and saw the snake. It was going all around the roof looking for a way down. I ran and got some long branches and leaned them up against the roof so it could slither down. the snake then went into the gutter. DH quickly disconnected the downpipe as we don't want the snake in our drinking water tank. it would contaminate it and there would be no way of getting it out. the snake then slid under the tin roof, in the cavity between the roof and the ceiling. we think it is still in there. luckily the laundry is a combined laundry /sleepout that is detached form the main house. but still Who would think to check for snakes on the top of the roof? 

Tiger snakes are in the top 10 most deadly snakes in the world. they are aggressive, and if they feel threatened they DO chase humans. We have many snakes on our property, mostly Tiger and Red Belly Black snakes , this time of the year either us or our neighbours will see a snake just about every other day, but never on the roof.

I think I would rather just a dead rodent than a live one with a snake in hot pursuit 

• Like 3

Last week Dh went up onto the  laundry roof ( luckily detached slightly form the main house) to see what was wrong with the satellite dish thingy as we no longer get TV reception. He noticed something moving rapidly towards him. it was a very large tiger snake. DH scrambled off the roof and the yelled out to everyone. I ran out and saw the snake. It was going all around the roof looking for a way down. I ran and got some long branches and leaned them up against the roof so it could slither down. the snake then went into the gutter. DH quickly disconnected the downpipe as we don't want the snake in our drinking water tank. it would contaminate it and there would be no way of getting it out. the snake then slid under the tin roof, in the cavity between the roof and the ceiling. we think it is still in there. luckily the laundry is a combined laundry /sleepout that is detached form the main house. but still Who would think to check for snakes on the top of the roof? 

Tiger snakes are in the top 10 most deadly snakes in the world. they are aggressive, and if they feel threatened they DO chase humans. We have many snakes on our property, mostly Tiger and Red Belly Black snakes , this time of the year either us or our neighbours will see a snake just about every other day, but never on the roof.

I think I would rather just a dead rodent than a live one with a snake in hot pursuit 

Melissa, this is the most frightening post I have ever read. I am going to brew a cup of strong tea now so I can go on with my day.

Thank God everyone in your family is okay. Would you like to move to our area? No snakes to speak of - only little harmless ones.

• Like 6

I actually don't mind snakes, but are not that keen on them being in the walls. I guess I have grown up with them. a favourite pastime of many rural Aussies is to exchange snake stories. we actually find the stories amusing ( as in Belly Laughing funny) DH, however , not growing up in Australia is terrified of them. He has actually been chased by a Tiger snake in the past .

• Like 2

Could you please tell me how you used it? In Amazon reviews people either really like it or say it did nothing, and I'm wondering what makes the difference.

We had a dead one behind a wall in our kitchen. Talk about yuck! I hung the bag in our pantry (which was the wall with the dead rodent) and kept the pantry door open for air flow. It really diminished, and then eliminated the odor. I know, I remember seeing negative reviews as well but I was desperate to try anything! And fortunately it helped a lot.

We had tried air fresheners and onions and various other tricks before it arrived in the mail. Nothing else worked.

Oh good Lord the things some of y'all have to deal with on this message board is shocking to me.

• Like 4

We have a live tiger snake in our walls at the moment chasing some rodent.

Last week Dh went up onto the laundry roof ( luckily detached slightly form the main house) to see what was wrong with the satellite dish thingy as we no longer get TV reception. He noticed something moving rapidly towards him. it was a very large tiger snake. DH scrambled off the roof and the yelled out to everyone. I ran out and saw the snake. It was going all around the roof looking for a way down. I ran and got some long branches and leaned them up against the roof so it could slither down. the snake then went into the gutter. DH quickly disconnected the downpipe as we don't want the snake in our drinking water tank. it would contaminate it and there would be no way of getting it out. the snake then slid under the tin roof, in the cavity between the roof and the ceiling. we think it is still in there. luckily the laundry is a combined laundry /sleepout that is detached form the main house. but still Who would think to check for snakes on the top of the roof?

This is freaking me out because we have mice right now and I swear I can hear the sound of snake in our walls. Ugh...

• Like 1

We have a live tiger snake in our walls at the moment chasing some rodent.

Last week Dh went up onto the laundry roof ( luckily detached slightly form the main house) to see what was wrong with the satellite dish thingy as we no longer get TV reception. He noticed something moving rapidly towards him. it was a very large tiger snake. DH scrambled off the roof and the yelled out to everyone. I ran out and saw the snake. It was going all around the roof looking for a way down. I ran and got some long branches and leaned them up against the roof so it could slither down. the snake then went into the gutter. DH quickly disconnected the downpipe as we don't want the snake in our drinking water tank. it would contaminate it and there would be no way of getting it out. the snake then slid under the tin roof, in the cavity between the roof and the ceiling. we think it is still in there. luckily the laundry is a combined laundry /sleepout that is detached form the main house. but still Who would think to check for snakes on the top of the roof?

This is all kinds of nopety, nope, never... visiting Australia.

Ever.

Edited by fraidycat