Menu

argh - dd has lost her purse - FOUND!!!

hornblower

On the plus side, she was such a good student & so busy with her schoolwork all day yesterday that she didn't even think of looking at her phone and so didn't notice all day that she didn't have it. 

On the minus side, a new purse with all her id & credit cards & cash & her phone is missing. It's possibly at the dance studio where she went for a class yesterday morning but we don't know for sure and it's been hard finding someone who can let her in today to check - because it's a stat holiday here.  Someone has finally agreed to meet her there in a couple hours so she can look. 

sigh 

update: found! Ballet instructor heard it ringing when dd got google to ring it & the instructor tracked down the purse and put it safely away in the office. Nothing missing.   PHEW. 

Edited by hornblower
  • Like 14

Oh I’m so sorry. What a pain. If you want to try something for the next wallet, Iï¸ got a tile and it works great. Iï¸ left my wallet at target and the next day Iï¸ realized it was gone Iï¸ had no idea where Iï¸ had left it. Iï¸ checked the tile app on my phone and it told me where Iï¸ had had it last and then when Iï¸ went into target Iï¸ had it start ringing and it was right in the customer service drawer. Obviously it won’t stop theft but if it is just forgetting or losing, it worked great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Oh no!!! I hope she is able to get it back!

Have you tried calling the phone to see if anyone answers it?

she has it completely silenced because it's not allowed to even vibrate when she's on clinicals and she is (rightly) paranoid that she'll forget ...and she forgets to turn it back on when it doesn't need to be silenced. There's a theme here  :glare:   :laugh:

She did manage to get google to ring it (google find will override and ring it even if it's silent) but we didn't hear anything & her location services are off so google can't tell her where her phone is. Oh well. 

We should know in a bit over an hour whether it's just been left there or someone took it..... (where's an anxious smiley when you need it) 

I haven't even asked her if her hospital id was in there because if it is, that's gonna cause a lot of grief tomorrow on her early morning shift. 

• Like 1

so do you just use pockets? I don't really like having purses and bags etc but I can't figure out how to manage this. 

I'm sorry she can't find it :( It makes me so anxious when that happens! Hoping she finds it soon, and nothing is missing from it!

I don't use a purse anymore either. Unless I'm going to class and then I carry a purse to keep my notes/books and pens in. 

I have one of those wallet phone cases. It fits my ID, credit cards, and a small amount of cash (just a few bills). And I keep the phone in my pocket. Any change I have goes in a box at home or in a compartment in the car. It also has a loop on the top of it so if I need to, I can wrap it around my wrist. 

• Like 1