Menu

could this be hand foot and mouth?

maize

Dd2 (the one with the ear infection) now has a rash of some sort--raised red bumps--on the tops of her feet, backs of her hands, and on her face near her mouth.

Makes me think hand foot and mouth disease, but when I search for pictures I mostly see sores on the soles and palms, not the backs of the hands and feet. I don't see anything on her soles and palms, nor inside the mouth.

What do you think?

DS9 had an atypical presentation when he had it, but I think it was face, one sore in the mouth, and the back of one hand (or his fingers, can't remember exactly). I only found out it was HFM because we were at the doctor for something else.

Is she on abx for the ear infection (I missed the previous thread)? I had a bumpy rash reaction to azithromycin.

Does she still have a fever? Could it be strep?

Poor kid. I had a ton of ear infections growing up. No fun.

• Like 1

I'm sorry your little one is sick!

Hoping it's not HFM. DS and I both had it three years ago - horrible. DD did, too, but not as badly.

The first days were the worst. Weeks later, we lost our finger and toe nails. (Shudder) May your experience be better!

Could it be a reaction to meds? You said no abx, but possibly something OTC?