Menu

October Frugalistas

hjffkj

Well somehow it since already October. Have any big frugal plans for October? Are you getting sick of being frugal?

Since the kitchen project is finishing up we'll be starting the next project in October. We actually have a few that'll get done. New gutters and some roof repair will hopefully get done in October. We're still waiting for the guy doing it to take a look and give us an estimate. So no idea on cost there. We also have drywall finishing to do which we'll do ourselves. My dad has all the tools so we just need to the material so the price will be small. Lastly, I have to start looking for flooring for the downstairs. I'm hoping to find remnant sheet vinyl for the laundry room and kitchen at a local flooring place. They are small spaces so the entire budget for that is going to be $300.

I made $385 selling stuff, including my pet sitting services, in September. My goal for the end of October is to make enough to cover the $1300 kitchen update. So I've got some work cut out for me!

I'm so sick of being frugal. Sometimes it is an entirely natural thing for me and doesn't seem like work at all. Recently it has been hard to stay in the groove but it has to be done!

Good luck all

• Like 2

I'm trying to be more frugal this month. We use YNAB to budget, and I just redid some of the categories. I upped the amount on a few of them to more accurately represent what we really spend. I hope that by upping them, I won't go over and be discouraged and then spend extra. I also was able to finally sync my phone with YNAB, which I haven't been able to do in over a year.

So here's to being better at tracking this month and keeping my spending within check.

• Like 3

Good job on selling!

Dh says we have too much on our cc and wants me to limit/drop activities for the next 2 months. I refuse to drop on some things. Ds has therapy once a week to work on memory. It's already paid for. I bought the kids snacks and we have lunch meat and pb & jelly so I will be sure to pack food when we go out for co-op or whatever. I also RSVP'd for a pumpkin patch trip this month and a Halloween party and have other things on the calendar.

When I get my refund for ds' frames I will put that toward the pumpkin patch. My bday is this month so I will check for emails with discounts. Still couponing. Printing religiously and shopping sales. At least I don't need to buy Halloween costumes. We are making one for ds and I just need to modify something for dd's outfit she has.

We had to cut back on activities this fall because of the house projects adding up in time and dollar amounts. Dd hasn't even realized dance didn't start back up again and thankfully kung fu is free!

I have barely thought about costumes!! I know my 2 year old wants to be Poppy from the Trolls movie. That won't cost anything because we have a blue dress, pink lights, and felt to make a headband. I'll have to decide what to do with her hair. I guess I have to ask the other kids what they want to be. I never buy costumes unless it is from Goodwill. They have always expressed that my homemade ones are better than the store bought ones though.

• Like 2

I hate being frugal. I hate that all things social around here involve meeting up at CFA, going out for ice cream or coffee or going to a "free" festival that only really involves spending money. Where does one find normal friends?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have solved the spendy hanging out trips by inviting people for boardgames. We'll have snack foods, water, tea, and coffee. They bring beer. Everyone we have ever invited seems cool with that arrangement.

• Like 1

I'm trying to be more frugal this month. We use YNAB to budget, and I just redid some of the categories. I upped the amount on a few of them to more accurately represent what we really spend. I hope that by upping them, I won't go over and be discouraged and then spend extra. I also was able to finally sync my phone with YNAB, which I haven't been able to do in over a year.

So here's to being better at tracking this month and keeping my spending within check.

Good move on upping some categories. It should really help with overspending

I'm in for October again. 

My goals for the month:

Income / Sales: $300. This includes rebates

Shopkick: 3000 points {equals about $12}

Swagbucks: 5000 points {equals about $50}

I'm trying to bank back points for Black Friday sales & Christmas.

My printer is working great, so I printed a bunch of coupons to go with ibotta rebates and such. Hoping that helps stretch the grocery budget. 

We have a few activities this month too - a free festival, a community garage sale, and the local Blessings Bash. So it'll be a little higher for transportation cost on account of all those. 

• Like 1

I am in too. Tired of it too but there is no other choice.

Went to Big Lots (20% off) and got some necessities that was on my list for a little cheaper.

Most of our activities/meeting friends have been at the park. Several stop and pick up lunch somewhere. We usually take pb&j and water from home. Boring lunch but fun with friends.

Dh's friend dropped off some apples that his work was throwing away. They were good, just nobody was eating them.

Cleaned out the freezer, found some individual bowls of leftovers that needed to be eaten. They became supper.

• Like 1

I'm in for October again. 

My goals for the month:

Income / Sales: $300. This includes rebates

Shopkick: 3000 points {equals about $12}

Swagbucks: 5000 points {equals about $50}

I'm trying to bank back points for Black Friday sales & Christmas.

My printer is working great, so I printed a bunch of coupons to go with ibotta rebates and such. Hoping that helps stretch the grocery budget. 

We have a few activities this month too - a free festival, a community garage sale, and the local Blessings Bash. So it'll be a little higher for transportation cost on account of all those. 

I know you do Swagbucks.....

Free Gillette Razors + $15 Moneymaker with Swagbucks

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/free-gillette-razors-10-moneymaker-swagbucks/

• Like 1

I also use SB. Thanks for the tip. With discount, after tax and shipping my total was $9.63 on the Gillette site. I was credited 2000 SB immediately. I already had some SB so I combined it to get a Sam's card. The Sam's/Walmart $25 cards are on sale right now (12% off. Takes 2200 SB rather than 2500). I verified the card and it posted immediately. Sometimes you have to wait several days to get your card. I'm super excited. If I wasn't trying to save on basics right now I would have purchased an Amazon card instead and used it toward the 6qt Instant Pot that just went on sale.

Yay!

Glad it helped. 

• Like 1

Current totals:

Income / Sales: $300/$0 {But I have about $35 in pending rebates - I don't count until I cash out}

Shopkick: 3000 points/ 228

Swagbucks: 5000 points/ 265

I did a big grocery run yesterday. I used a Lyft credit to get home on, so saved a bit there. 

Gearing up to do laundry again tomorrow at the Laundromat. So that'll be a little spending. 

• Like 1

So far so good for us. We've spent $170 of our $500 grocery budget. And that is it so far with spending. I have not sold anymore stuff but I kinda put that on the back burner this week while I got other things accomplished. I will list more things tonight.

This weekend is going to be a no spend weekend. We plan to stay home, play boardgames, watch movies, go on a hike, and just enjoy each other's company.

Just saw this on Slickdeals

Fatwallet is closing on Monday 10/9 - Request your cashback NOW
Fatwallet is closing this Monday, October 9. If you still have a cashback balance with them, request it now. 

Per Fatwallet:

It's never easy to say goodbye.

Thank you for shopping FatWallet. With sadness, we must inform you that we will be closing our site on Monday October 9th. For over 17 years, it has been our absolute pleasure to help millions of deal hunters like you save money, and we're grateful for your business. While the FatWallet site won't be around anymore, we'll still be helping you find discounts and earn cash back on things you buy every day at our sister site, urlhasbeenblocked.com. It's free to join, so check it out — we know you'll love it.

Please immediately request payment for your remaining Cash Back balance.
 FatWallet's Cash Back program ended May 10, 2016. In accordance with our Terms & Conditions maintenance fees began on June 1, 2017 for any Cash Back balance remaining in an inactive account. If you have not requested payment, FatWallet will deduct an account maintenance fee of $2.00 a month until you have requested payment or your account balance is zero.

We are continuing to continue on with our budgeted spending.  I don't think that will ever change unless we get some windfall I am not aware of!  Me working is really helping with getting out of debt and saving for college.  There are still a few areas we could cut further, but I am not willing to do it right now, so, there ya go (mostly eating out with friends and socializing.)

I pretty much gave up on budgeting when we moved in Jan and really need to get back on track. Like, really!

Our food bill is ridiculous lately.

My new part time job will cover the extras like dance, preschool, & a bit leftover for college.

I also agreed to cover a maternity leave till Xmas break & am going to use that $ to get new tires on my van and cover DE spring semester tuition for oldest. And you know, the $ I had to spend to get new clothes and a phone for work.

Edited by Hilltopmom

May I join all of you? I'm not wired for frugal but I'm learning. And right now, I have a GOAL. 

Since dh has finally said aloud that he wants to move out of AZ and seems to be willing to engage his wife's wanderlust (oh, happy day!),

I will be working on NOT buying stuff (which should cut down our expenditures significantly) and instead getting RID of stuff (ouch - esp. when I let

go of books), so that we can, within a few months' time be able to get an RV and just go where we want. 

Maybe if I keep myself accountable here, I'll be more motivated to PURGE. And then I'll KNOW what we actually HAVE and won't just go out to buy 

a replacement because "I can't find it."

I hope I made sense. Coffee hasn't kicked in yet and I feel like I'm rambling.

I think I need to turn in my frugal card, I can't seem to have one single month when I don't spend on something unnecessary and expensive and maybe frivolous.

So I'll just out with it - we have finalized our travel plans for the Christmas break, and also have a trip coming up for my eldest's birthday.  The birthday is a drive to NYC, but that is not cheap due to hotel rooms, plus we will be attending a Broadway show (I didn't realize how much $$ they cost before I promised my kid).  My friends helpfully discovered a Kalahari on the way home.  Need I say more??   (But we are sharing expenses, so I guess that makes it a bit better.  And we were going to take the kids to NYC at some time or other.)  The Christmas break trip is crazy and exciting (to me).  India for a surprise birthday party and to visit some charities we support.  Then Australia, New Zealand, and Fiji and back via LA.  My younger daughter will have 2 birthdays thanks to the international date line - one in Fiji and one at the Harry Potter exhibit in Universal Studios LA.  We did find some good deals, so it's not as expensive as you might think, but certainly not frugal.  And well, this is the reason we work a lot and don't spend on a lot of other things.  We like to travel.

Meanwhile I've made a number of donations and have additional donations planned.

And while I'm confessing, I've agreed to a "half lease" of a horse where my kids ride.  While this will not save me any money, it will greatly expand the options for my youngest to ride at no additional cost.  (The cost of her lessons is included.)  Since this the only sport she really cares about, I don't mind doing it.  Now I wish she wasn't already committed to do some other things (already paid for) during the evenings.  Wonder if I could undo some of that ....

We finally got back into TaeKwonDo which is already paid for until we get our black belts.  (I set this up 4 years ago so the only thing we pay for is belt tests.)  Well, my kids are going - so far I am working in the car while they are in the dojang - but hopefully that will change.

OK now I can start posting again with comments like "I didn't have many new expenses" because the above have already been confessed.  :P

I think I'm gonna buy a new mattress though.  This old one (it's at least 30 years old) has the springs almost breaking through.  I wonder if it makes sense to buy the kind of mattress I bought my kids when they got their bunk beds - they are spongy and are delivered all squished into a surprisingly small package.  The price is a lot less than regular mattresses.  Plus I find them quite comfy.  So I think that is what I will do.

• Like 1

I think I need to turn in my frugal card, I can't seem to have one single month when I don't spend on something unnecessary and expensive and maybe frivolous.

So I'll just out with it - we have finalized our travel plans for the Christmas break, and also have a trip coming up for my eldest's birthday.  The birthday is a drive to NYC, but that is not cheap due to hotel rooms, plus we will be attending a Broadway show (I didn't realize how much $$ they cost before I promised my kid).  My friends helpfully discovered a Kalahari on the way home.  Need I say more??   (But we are sharing expenses, so I guess that makes it a bit better.  And we were going to take the kids to NYC at some time or other.)  The Christmas break trip is crazy and exciting (to me).  India for a surprise birthday party and to visit some charities we support.  Then Australia, New Zealand, and Fiji and back via LA.  My younger daughter will have 2 birthdays thanks to the international date line - one in Fiji and one at the Harry Potter exhibit in Universal Studios LA.  We did find some good deals, so it's not as expensive as you might think, but certainly not frugal.  And well, this is the reason we work a lot and don't spend on a lot of other things.  We like to travel.

Meanwhile I've made a number of donations and have additional donations planned.

And while I'm confessing, I've agreed to a "half lease" of a horse where my kids ride.  While this will not save me any money, it will greatly expand the options for my youngest to ride at no additional cost.  (The cost of her lessons is included.)  Since this the only sport she really cares about, I don't mind doing it.  Now I wish she wasn't already committed to do some other things (already paid for) during the evenings.  Wonder if I could undo some of that ....

We finally got back into TaeKwonDo which is already paid for until we get our black belts.  (I set this up 4 years ago so the only thing we pay for is belt tests.)  Well, my kids are going - so far I am working in the car while they are in the dojang - but hopefully that will change.

OK now I can start posting again with comments like "I didn't have many new expenses" because the above have already been confessed.  :p

I think I'm gonna buy a new mattress though.  This old one (it's at least 30 years old) has the springs almost breaking through.  I wonder if it makes sense to buy the kind of mattress I bought my kids when they got their bunk beds - they are spongy and are delivered all squished into a surprisingly small package.  The price is a lot less than regular mattresses.  Plus I find them quite comfy.  So I think that is what I will do.

Love it!

Your travel plans are so exciting.   How many days are you doing the NYC trip in?   What show are you seeing? 

Fun fun.

Tell me more about the Christmas trip.  How many days do you have to do it in?  And you are having time in LA too?  How many days in each country? 

I am dying to get on another trip.  I wish we could just travel. 

Leasing a horse?  Awesome.  I think it is really important to invest in your kids.  

Now the next few months you can be cheap, since you did all the spending now!  

I pretty much gave up on budgeting when we moved in Jan and really need to get back on track. Like, really!

Our food bill is ridiculous lately.

My new part time job will cover the extras like dance, preschool, & a bit leftover for college.

I also agreed to cover a maternity leave till Xmas break & am going to use that $ to get new tires on my van and cover DE spring semester tuition for oldest. And you know, the $ I had to spend to get new clothes and a phone for work.

Sounds like you have a great part time job, it is providing for so much!

It's all a blur now. I was going to handle the grocery shopping but dh ended up doing a huge trip with us and saying let's just buy drinks the next time. He's going out of town a couple times this month so maybe he was trying to make things easier.

We went out to eat for my birthday. That kinda threw things off but I'm using some of the birthday money I got to cover other things like our upcoming pumpkin patch trip.

I am getting hired as a tutor. I hope it works out. I'm turning in the paperwork today. If this works out it will take off so much stress/financial burden about the gas money I spend.

I bought some discounted cookie cutters and a mini loaf pan at Michaels. I recently ordered a pack of Christmas boxes from Oriental Trading on sale when they had a free shipping day. I figure we could make mini loaves/goodies as part of our Christmas gifts.

Yay for getting the tutoring job. 

• Like 1

May I join all of you? I'm not wired for frugal but I'm learning. And right now, I have a GOAL. 

Since dh has finally said aloud that he wants to move out of AZ and seems to be willing to engage his wife's wanderlust (oh, happy day!),

I will be working on NOT buying stuff (which should cut down our expenditures significantly) and instead getting RID of stuff (ouch - esp. when I let

go of books), so that we can, within a few months' time be able to get an RV and just go where we want. 

Maybe if I keep myself accountable here, I'll be more motivated to PURGE. And then I'll KNOW what we actually HAVE and won't just go out to buy 

Ahhhhh

I am so excited that you are doing the RV.   So jealous too.  That is a great goal. 

Love it!

Your travel plans are so exciting.   How many days are you doing the NYC trip in?   What show are you seeing? 

Fun fun.

Tell me more about the Christmas trip.  How many days do you have to do it in?  And you are having time in LA too?  How many days in each country? 

I am dying to get on another trip.  I wish we could just travel. 

Leasing a horse?  Awesome.  I think it is really important to invest in your kids.  

Now the next few months you can be cheap, since you did all the spending now!  

The NYC trip - we are driving out on Thursday evening, and staying in some vague pit stop about halfway there.  Then we drive into NYC about mid Friday (we will have to do some work in the morning).  We have a hotel that is supposedly close to Broadway and Central Park.  We have tickets to the show Friday night and a boat tour Saturday morning.  Besides that, it's whatever we get done.  Definitely plan to spend time in Central Park and maybe go up the Empire State Building.  Probably won't have time to go up in the Statue of Liberty, but will see it from the boat.  We're not trying to visit all the "sad" highlights since the kids are young; they have the rest of their lives to focus on sad stuff.  Maybe a kid-friendly museum could be worked in.  We will start driving back before it gets dark.  So only 1.5 days and 1 night in NYC.

Christmas trip - the kids' last school day is Dec 20, so we are leaving that night to fly to India.  I think we leave India on Christmas Eve.  Then I don't remember the breakdown between the parts of Australia and New Zealand from 12/25 to 1/5 - basically we like the natural stuff better than the cities, and we will be doing a lot by car.  Fiji is just 1 night, and LA 1 night.  Back to school on Monday the 7th.

The NYC trip - we are driving out on Thursday evening, and staying in some vague pit stop about halfway there.  Then we drive into NYC about mid Friday (we will have to do some work in the morning).  We have a hotel that is supposedly close to Broadway and Central Park.  We have tickets to the show Friday night and a boat tour Saturday morning.  Besides that, it's whatever we get done.  Definitely plan to spend time in Central Park and maybe go up the Empire State Building.  Probably won't have time to go up in the Statue of Liberty, but will see it from the boat.  We're not trying to visit all the "sad" highlights since the kids are young; they have the rest of their lives to focus on sad stuff.  Maybe a kid-friendly museum could be worked in.  We will start driving back before it gets dark.  So only 1.5 days and 1 night in NYC.

Christmas trip - the kids' last school day is Dec 20, so we are leaving that night to fly to India.  I think we leave India on Christmas Eve.  Then I don't remember the breakdown between the parts of Australia and New Zealand from 12/25 to 1/5 - basically we like the natural stuff better than the cities, and we will be doing a lot by car.  Fiji is just 1 night, and LA 1 night.  Back to school on Monday the 7th.

Way to make use of the break.   How did you do it cheaply?   Are you getting free stopovers via a certain airline? 

Of course you may join! Welcome. I'm going to start getting jealous if I continue to read about your steps towards full-time RVing. Not that I want to do that because I would miss my parents, in-laws, nieces, nephews,Zarah etc too much. but I do want to have the ability to travel more often.

Way to make use of the break.   How did you do it cheaply?   Are you getting free stopovers via a certain airline? 

Our friend who is more knowledgeable about travel was able to find "local" flights between / within the foreign countries that are a lot cheaper than setting up a whole itinerary from a US location.

As always, we will share rooms and stuff so it isn't too ridiculous.  I don't know the details about the overnights, whether we found some reasonable bed-and-breakfasts etc in Australia / New Zealand, but that's usually how we do it.  (I say "we" but I'm not doing that part of the work.)

Our friend who is more knowledgeable about travel was able to find "local" flights between / within the foreign countries that are a lot cheaper than setting up a whole itinerary from a US location.

As always, we will share rooms and stuff so it isn't too ridiculous.  I don't know the details about the overnights, whether we found some reasonable bed-and-breakfasts etc in Australia / New Zealand, but that's usually how we do it.  (I say "we" but I'm not doing that part of the work.)

Ah so nice you are not doing that.  i am the trip planner in the family and I find it to be so much work.  I want to go on a packaged trip just to get out of it. 

SKL - Check Walmart.com for the Mattress. I saw some there on clearance VERY cheaply. 

Scrapbookbuzz - Congrats on the RV idea! I grew up in one. My advice? Before you go full-time? Do a week or two test run in the yard. It's really surprising the little things you don't think you'll want or need but actually do. 

I've been spending too. DD desperately needed a new mattress, so that was $100. I could have gotten a cheaper one, but I wanted one that was flippable in hopes of it lasting longer. And I did order one thing for myself too. 

SKL - Check Walmart.com for the Mattress. I saw some there on clearance VERY cheaply. 

Scrapbookbuzz - Congrats on the RV idea! I grew up in one. My advice? Before you go full-time? Do a week or two test run in the yard. It's really surprising the little things you don't think you'll want or need but actually do. 

I've been spending too. DD desperately needed a new mattress, so that was $100. I could have gotten a cheaper one, but I wanted one that was flippable in hopes of it lasting longer. And I did order one thing for myself too. 

How fun that you lived in one as a kid.  Did you have good memories of that? 

Good advice on trying it out.   Have you followed Knorpp and South on youtube?  They are a family of 11 that spent over a year in a RV.   Good little tips they had. 

Text TOYS10 to 827438 to get a Target mobile coupon for $10 off a $50 toy purchase at Target. You can also text TOYS25 to 827438 to get a Target mobile coupon for $25 off a $100 toy purchase at Target.

Valid through October 14, 2017.

If you’re a PayPal member, you can currently get a free 2-year subscription to ShopRunner!

With ShopRunner, you get free two-day shipping from tons of online stores: American Eagle, Saks Fifth Avenue, Newegg, Express, Timberland, Urban Decay, Staples, and many more.

It’s like having Amazon Prime, but for a huge selection of online stores! Perfect timing with online holiday shopping right around the corner.

Current totals:

Income / Sales: $300/$51.75

Shopkick: 3000 points/ 259

Swagbucks: 5000 points/ 273 {and another 2000 pending}

Sold some stuff today. Listed more. 

Picked up another free lyft credit, so I'll probably use it to do laundry this evening. Take a BUNCH and go. 

Eta: I also had a frugal win. Traded some shampoo & Body wash we turned out to be allergic to for a nice big coffee table. The table is worn, but so's everything else in my house so it fits in. But it's big enough for game boards and plates / drinks which is EXACTLY what I needed. AND it even has a drawer under!

Edited by frugalmamatx
  • Like 2

saw this on hip2save

Starting October 15th, score a FREE $20 Target Gift Card with a baby department purchase of $100 or more when you use the coupon found in the Target weekly ad, on the Target app, or by texting BABY20 to827438 to have it delivered to your smartphone.

OR, score a FREE $50 Target Gift Card with a baby department purchase of $250 or more when you use the coupon found in the Target weekly ad, on the Target app, or by texting BABY50 to 827438 to have it delivered to your smartphone

Through October 17th, Tiny Prints is offering up 10 FREE Holiday Cards when you use the code 10FREEHOL at checkout – just pay shipping charges of $4.99. This offer applies to square trim signature cardstock cards (3×5 folded, 4×5 flat, 5×5, 5×7 flat, 5×7 folded, 5×7 trifold, 5×7 gatefold, foil or glitter).

After factoring in the shipping, it’s as if you are paying just 50¢ per card!

Edited by mommyoffive

just saw this on slickdeals

Apple Antitrust Settlement Amazon Kindle Credit
UPDATE - These credits scan be used for anything, not just for Kindle.

Received this email today and I had a few dollars waiting for me; worth checking!

"In November 2014, a federal court approved a Settlement of antitrust lawsuits brought against Apple, Inc. ("Apple") by State Attorneys General and Class Plaintiffs about the price of electronic books ("eBooks"). These settlements resulted in customer credits that were distributed in June 2016 for qualifying Kindle book purchases made between April 1, 2010 and May 21, 2012. These credits expired in June 2017. Customers who redeemed some or all of their credits from the June 2016 distribution are eligible to receive additional credits in October 2017, as mandated by the court. These credits are funded by Apple.

Eligible customers do not need to do anything to receive these credits. If you are eligible, we have already calculated your credit and have added it to your Amazon account. As long as you have credit remaining, we will automatically apply it to your purchase of qualifying items through Amazon.com, an Amazon device or an Amazon app. The credit applied to your purchase will appear in your order summary as a gift card during checkout and in your account history. Eligible customers should have received a notification email from Amazon on Oct 18, 2017. This credit will expire at 11:59pm HST on April 20, 2018. You can learn more about the settlements at www.amazon.com/ApplebooksettlementFAQs. The credits are subject to these Terms and Conditions."

https://www.amazon.com/Kindle-eBo...4741166011

Current totals:

Income / Sales: $300/$81.50

Shopkick: 3000 points/ 442

Swagbucks: 5000 points/ 2375 {and another 3500 pending}

For those who do Swagbucks - there is a Honest Co deal out that is great. Pay about $22 after the discount & get 3500 {$35} in points back in 2 weeks. I did the personal essentials offer and I'll use the items for making a holiday gift basket for a friend. 

Current totals:

Income / Sales: $300/$93.50

Shopkick: 3000 points/ 748

Swagbucks: 5000 points/ 2395 {and another 3500 pending}

Used my free lyft credits this weekend to go do a ton of laundry. I waited for the free dryer again vs paying. 

Redeemed 500 Shopkick points for a $2 amazon GC. I'm stashing GC building back up my balance. I've been doing a lot of GC surveys from places. 

Sold a couple cans of formula I had from rebate offers. I have a few more to list - I'll try to do that today. 

We did splurge on McDonalds yesterday. Really shouldn't have but DD wanted it. I'll be very happy after Halloween when we can start using the coupons from her treat booklets - it's $1 for a booklet of 12 coupons - 3 sets each of free kids burger, free apple slices, free cone, and free juice // milk. One per visit. Even if we don't use all the coupons before they expire at the end of the year, it's still a GREAT deal. 

Spent $13 on amazon {used a GC} and bought a new control for our lift recliner. 5 minutes later fixed. I'm thrilled! I might sell it though - I don't absolutely need it, and in the condition it is, now fixed, I could probably get $100 and it go to someone who actually needs it. 

Good deal on winter coats for kids

from hip2save

But costco also has some great deals too.  

As an idea, these Hawke & Co. Kids Puffer Jackets are on sale for $21.99 (regularly up to $85) so just $15.39 with promo code PC4HA2. Even sweeter, for every coat purchased, Macy’s will donate a coat to Clothes4Souls to help someone in need stay warm this winter. 

Shipping is free with a $49 order OR score free shipping on ANY size order when you add select beauty items to your cart – prices start as low as $3. Or choose free in-store pickup if available near you.

Went to the store, picked up freebies. Local chain {HEB} has a bunch of digital coupons for free stuff out. They were out of most of them, but I managed to get 6 boxes of granola bars {went to a friend due to allergies}, 2 big bags of fritos, and a roll of foil for free. 

I'll try another location later in the week for the rest of the stuff. 

Went to the store, picked up freebies. Local chain {HEB} has a bunch of digital coupons for free stuff out. They were out of most of them, but I managed to get 6 boxes of granola bars {went to a friend due to allergies}, 2 big bags of fritos, and a roll of foil for free. 

I'll try another location later in the week for the rest of the stuff. 

Awesome score.  I miss couponing

Starting November 1st, Target will be offering free shipping on ANY order through December 23rd! No minimum and no promo code needed. That means free shipping on all Black Friday and holiday season purchases.

This is a great deal, because you usually have to make a $25 minimum purchase in order to get free shipping!

Valid through December 23, 2017.

• Like 1

Good deal on winter coats for kids

from hip2save

But costco also has some great deals too.

As an idea, these Hawke & Co. Kids Puffer Jackets are on sale for $21.99 (regularly up to $85) so just $15.39 with promo code PC4HA2. Even sweeter, for every coat purchased, Macy’s will donate a coat to Clothes4Souls to help someone in need stay warm this winter.

Shipping is free with a $49 order OR score free shipping on ANY size order when you add select beauty items to your cart – prices start as low as $3. Or choose free in-store pickup if available near you.

Thank you so much! The promo code didn't work, but I got two much-needed coats for $22 each. I'm happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk