Menu

camp care package items

Farrar

I'm feeling brain dead and can't think of special treats for ds to take to camp. Instead of bothering with the mail, last year I made a "Camp Box" that had little surprises that they could open once they were there. Even though camp is a lot longer this year, I'll probably do the same thing for Mushroom. But I can't seem to think what to get. This camp has very few limits on what kids can bring. It's pretty much just "no phones." So... Books... and, um... ugh...

This year I sent:

One of those cool ballpoint pens that writes in about 20 colors/a little notepad

An adult coloring book on an appropriate theme and new markers

A frisbee that glows in the dark

Glow sticks

A small stuffed snake

Lollipops to share (a special kind that DD's BFF adores-so I included those knowing BFF was going, too)

• Like 1

I sent a handheld fan and batteries to operate it.  Afternoons if there was no breeze it got really hot inside the cabin.

Comics/graphic novels

journal with scented pens

deck of cards

Glow sticks (enough to share with cabin mates)

travel size chess

mad libs

treat to share that is regional so the kids coming from other areas might not have tried it before

• Like 1

We went through the dollar store and found fun stuff. I really wanted to include silly string but since I was mailing it, didn't.

I put a pair of sunglasses, deck of cards, notebook, pen, pack of gum, and then a gallon sized ziplock that had small party type toys like whistles, glow sticks, and airplanes to share with his cabin. We couldn't send food or I would have sent candy and cookies.

• Like 1