Menu

Land's End sizing question...

I am just about to surrender to pass that Land's End order but have a last minute insecurity about size (I have never ordered for my kids before...).

Is it safe to size up or will my kids be floating? They are tall but slim...and I have sometimes had surprises with american sizes...

For the girls I want to buy mostly dresses...and then some..., for my boy - well, I think I have to invent better than dresses...:D

Thanks!!!

P.S.As we are abroad, I better be sure about the sizes - sending back is not really an option...

I love their clothes and use them a lot. I think they run more on the big side than small. If you size up they might be too big....

This might help: My oldest is about 4 feet tall and about 48 pounds. He is almost 5 and I currently order size 5T or 5 for him. The clothes are slightly big, he can probably wear them next year too. I just ordered him some Medium (5/6) PJ's and they were very big on him. He's usually about 90-95% for weight and height on the growth curve and I usually order the same size as his age. The clothes are roomy and this point he can usually wear a second year. Hope that helps.

They also have a very good return policy. I'm not sure if it is the same internationally, but typically they will accept anything back for any reason. I've had a couple of times where something had a flaw and they accept it back no questions asked and they waive the shipping fee when it is their fault.

...unfortunately it really is not possible for me to send any items back I ordered from the States: Postage is extremly high (would be both ways then...) and I have to pay taxes (hefty!) on anything that comes in...so sending back would be crazy:tongue_smilie:

...on the other hand buying in Switzerland is even worse...;)

Hm. I am surprised at the other posters' responses. I have long been frustrated that the LE clothes run SMALL. My daughter is tall and thin--her measurements place her exactly on the slim chart. I have never once, however, ordered her something that actually fit her. Several times I have had to send clothes back to get one size larger.

We recently ordered winter coats and snow boots for the kids. We went one size LARGER than the sizing chart and are happy with the fit (and so glad we didn't get the size indicated in the chart!).

I recently ordered some things from Lands End for my daughter. I used their sizing chart and it placed my daughter smack in size 6, when I had bought 6x and 7 for winter. I went by their size chart and ordered size 6. Everything was too small and I had to return it for a size 6x, which was a great fit.

Tara

Hm. I am surprised at the other posters' responses. I have long been frustrated that the LE clothes run SMALL. My daughter is tall and thin--her measurements place her exactly on the slim chart. I have never once, however, ordered her something that actually fit her. Several times I have had to send clothes back to get one size larger.

We recently ordered winter coats and snow boots for the kids. We went one size LARGER than the sizing chart and are happy with the fit (and so glad we didn't get the size indicated in the chart!).

I totally agree with this! One year, I measured my son according to LE's sizing chart and ordered a coat for him and a couple of other things. They were all too small. This year, I tried again and ordered some tennis shoes for my daughter. Again, I used their sizing chart and measured her foot, but they were too small!

Lisa