Menu

Amazon Alexa/echo?

gingersmom

Alexa can get really loud (imo) but I wouldn't get it just for that. The price has gone up since we got ours and we don't plan to replace it right now (dd broke it after enough throws). If you do get an echo, it's probably better to operate with the remote than the way I did it... "Alexa! Alexa! Alexa! Volume 3!" when I wanted to turn it down. :lol:

• Like 1

Alexa can get really loud (imo) but I wouldn't get it just for that. The price has gone up since we got ours and we don't plan to replace it right now (dd broke it after enough throws). If you do get an echo, it's probably better to operate with the remote than the way I did it... "Alexa! Alexa! Alexa! Volume 3!" when I wanted to turn it down. :lol:

She's like a teenager with headphones on, I swear!

• Like 3

That's our primary use.

DH doesn't love it for loud music, because he is an audio guy and his ears are trained. So if he is turning on music, he takes the time to use the Bluetooth Bose. But I prefer to use voice commands. I love Alexa. Alexa sounds better than many Bluetooth speakers, but not as good as the Bose.

DS has a Tap for audible in his room. Speaker quality is a little less than Alexa, but we use that for music, too. We meaning DS and I, not DH.

• Like 1

Alexa is really best for adding items to your shopping list by voice. So as you pour out the last of the milk or use the last trash bag you can tell her to add it to the list. Amazing for us ADHD people. But if you just want music she is overkill.

• Like 2

You can get an old pair of computer speakers (easily found at thrift shops or you may already have some) and a bluetooth adapter (around $10 on eBay or Amazon).  Plug adapter into wall, plug speakers into adapter.  My adapter also has a USB port so I can charge the ipod from the same setup.  Works great.

• Like 1