Menu

Socks for boys that don't get holes in two months UPDATE IN OP

cintinative

These are the Nike socks DS uses.  

https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-2781267/mens-nike-dry-elite-15-crew-basketball-socks.jsp?color=White%20Black&prdPV=1

They come in kids sizes as well.  They are $14 for ONE pair of socks.  :svengo:  But, like today I went to buy a pair for DS and they were buy one, get one half off, so that makes them more like $10 a pair.  Still crazy, but he's still working on the ones that he has. 

My experience with sock holes is they are usually either caused by rough feet or toenails, or by rough shoes, or by rough floors wearing holes in the socks, or by children scuffing their feet on things.  If the holes are near the toenails, I'd start with the nails as most likely problem.  If in other places check the feet, the shoes etc. and see what is causing the holes.  Try to remedy the underlying issue as much as the socks.

Beyond that, we've had good luck with wool mix Darn Tough socks and with cotton mix Under Armor socks.  If the socks are being worn as slippers, then a pair of leather bottom slipper socks, or the type of socks with rubber bottoms used at some trampoline parks might help.

• Like 1

My experience with sock holes is they are usually either caused by rough feet or toenails, or by rough shoes, or by rough floors wearing holes in the socks, or by children scuffing their feet on things.  If the holes are near the toenails, I'd start with the nails as most likely problem.  If in other places check the feet, the shoes etc. and see what is causing the holes.  Try to remedy the underlying issue as much as the socks.

Beyond that, we've had good luck with wool mix Darn Tough socks and with cotton mix Under Armor socks.  If the socks are being worn as slippers, then a pair of leather bottom slipper socks, or the type of socks with rubber bottoms used at some trampoline parks might help.

Our breakthroughs are on the pads of the feet. Since they barely wear shoes, it might be the scuffing. We have pergo floors and carpet. 

It looks like I will have to invest in some Darn Tough socks and see how that goes. =)

• Like 1

My Sock Destroyer always wears through them in the same place. I don't know what to call it, but it is the flat part of the foot up near the toes - and always on the same side. The bottoms of her foot are smooth there and she doesn't actively scuff her feet on things. I think it is how she walks (where all her weight is) as her shoes always wear through in the same place, too.

• Like 1