Menu

S/O Super comfortable bra for average sizes?

IfIOnly

So far the most comfortable I've found has been from Target: http://www.target.com/p/warner-s-simply-perfect-women-invisible-wireless-bra-ta4011/-/A-13773891

I like that it has wider straps than most bras my size. Usually bras in the B and C cup sizes come with little straps that dig. I would like even wider straps though but that seems to be found only with larger cup sizes.

I like that the bra has no underwire but is supportive. Also, the pic shows a small band with just two hooks but the C cup sizes and above have wider hands and 3 hooks.

I like the stretchy yet supportive aspect of it too. I like that there's not strap adjusting hardware.

Wondering though what other comfy bras are out there that I'm missing out on. I can't wear sports bras. They cause me a lot of pain, and I've tried many different kinds. I need support though and can't get away with tank tops with built in bras or anything. Would love to hear what you've found helpful. Thank you!

I wear the Bali version (I think they're the same bra).

ETA: I buy Bali because I need x-small. The Hanes version doesn't have that size.

Edited by Pawz4me
  • Like 2

http://www.onehanesplace.com/shop/onehanesplace/bra/bras-brand/maidenform-bra/maidenformt-back-bra-m07112

Has underwire, but still incredibly comfortable.

Straps don't fall.

Wide sides to prevent lumpiness.

Nice fabric.

My girls look good.

Did you do that fitting test that went viral a few years ago where you bend over? Do that.

That's a pretty bra. Thanks for the rec! I missed that article. I was professionally fitted in my early twenties and was suprised to find out I should wear a band size smaller and a cup bigger than I had been wearing. I think I'm a band size bigger now though and same cup size just by eyeing it and by feel, not a recent professional fitting.

I wear the Bali version (I think they're the same bra).

ETA: I buy Bali because I need x-small. The Hanes version doesn't have that size.

Looks super comfy. I noticed they have a padded version (need this at leastvin public not to be obscene re: headlights/nips) too. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00ABKI90C/ref=pd_aw_sim_193_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=A8DK98SVJTY45370KJ77

That's a pretty bra. Thanks for the rec! I missed that article. I was professionally fitted in my early twenties and was suprised to find out I should wear a band size smaller and a cup bigger than I had been wearing. I think I'm a band size bigger now though and same cup size just by eyeing it and by feel, not a recent professional fitting.

I originally tried mine on at Target and now I buy them online because they're cheaper. It's padded enough for headlight issues. Ahem. This is not the original article but it covers the same thing if you care to try it. I used to wear a 36A, I thought it fit fine but was just uncomfortable. Apparently I'm a 40C. :svengo:

http://brittanyherself.com/2014/02/05/happy-boobs/

• Like 1

I feel the need to put in a plug for Reddit's A Bra That Fits. A few years ago I happened across that community and discovered that my bra size was totally different than what I'd been wearing (34B before to 28E/30DD now!). Not surprisingly to the women there, my new bras in my correct bra size are way more comfortable and much, much more flattering with clothes on top. My bra straps rarely slide off now, and I'm no longer plagued by underwires that dig in to my skin.

• Like 2

I feel the need to put in a plug for Reddit's A Bra That Fits. A few years ago I happened across that community and discovered that my bra size was totally different than what I'd been wearing (34B before to 28E/30DD now!). Not surprisingly to the women there, my new bras in my correct bra size are way more comfortable and much, much more flattering with clothes on top. My bra straps rarely slide off now, and I'm no longer plagued by underwires that dig in to my skin.

This is what I was talking about. I couldn't find it. Thanks Sun!

• Like 2

These bras look so comfy. I recognize most of the brands and can hopefully try them on in a store. Thank you!!!

I wear the Bali's Comfort revolution one and find it at Kohl's. So comfy, I now have 6 of them! I also love that I can just throw it in the wash and dryer with everything else. 

• Like 2

I wear the Bali's Comfort revolution one and find it at Kohl's. So comfy, I now have 6 of them! I also love that I can just throw it in the wash and dryer with everything else.

Kohl's came to town a few years ago, and I have been there exactly once. :P Good to know they carry these. Thanks!

I need to get a few things from the store and will check out a few of these comfy bra recommendations while I'm at it. So far, your recommendations are:

Hanes: Comfort Evolution

Playtex: 18 Hour with Original Comfort Strap

Bali: Comfort Revolution

Maidenform: One Fab Fit, Lace T-back

Thank you!

• Like 1