Menu

Rec. yoga pants that you love?

Alicia64

I really need new yoga/Pilates/barre pants (and tops too). The ones I wear are from like 1998. They look dumb. (I don't work out at a "look at me!" type of place, but I also don't want to look so dated.)

I ordered two from Amazon Prime and they came in an oddly clingy material. They were way too TMI. (I wear a size 8 in jeans, but have a tummy from my pregnancy, so I think I'd be comfortable in an L. I don't like things to be really tight.)

I actually need them for class, not for running errands.

Do you have a yoga pant that you really like?

Thanks!

Alley

Can you share w/ me how Athleta is sized? Do they run on the smaller side? Or larger?

I find them true to size, almost without exception. I have listened to comments on certain items that might fit differently, and have been glad I did. But that's only been once in my experience.

I do recommend paying attention to the inseam--some items I order a petite (I'm 5'3) and others I prefer a bit longer so I order regular length.

I find them true to size, almost without exception. I have listened to comments on certain items that might fit differently, and have been glad I did. But that's only been once in my experience.

I do recommend paying attention to the inseam--some items I order a petite (I'm 5'3) and others I prefer a bit longer so I order regular length.

I'll be honest, they're beautiful, but ahhhh! re: price.

Do you think you have to spend $60 to $70 for leggings? I work out at a studio two to three times a week.

Lucy. Their leggings are the best. I teach five classes a week on average. My Lucy leggings are the ones I always want to wear. They are thick enough, keep their shape and just look cute. I stock up on black capris whenever they go on sale. So worth it.

For fun, trendy ones I go old navy. They usually have great clearance stuff that holds up well for the price.

Victoria's Secret. They go on sale like 2/$60 or something. I haven't bought any since last year, but they wear extremely well. They also make different lengths and have some that fit my 36" inseam, which is a huge plus. I wear them almost every day and they haven't faded over the year, shrank or had any bad wear unlike cheaper ones I've had previously.

I'll be honest, they're beautiful, but ahhhh! re: price.

Do you think you have to spend $60 to $70 for leggings? I work out at a studio two to three times a week.

If you have a Gap card you can use the points at Athleta, and sometimes they have terrific sales. They aren't inexpensive, true, but neither is the quality. I pretty much live in athletic clothes but want to look nice, so it's worth it to me. :)

I'm happy with Old Navy's yoga pants. They're priced well and they last forever too. I lived in workout clothes for years - coaching gymnastics, it was my work uniform. And was running, spotting kids, moving equipment, stretching, lots of hard use and I still have a few pairs from like 2005. 

We buy a lot of Gap off of the clearance rack,usually in the $20-$25 range.  I also really like my exercise pants from Zella (Nordstroms), Lucy, Nike Dri-Fit, Reebok (and their cheaper line RBX), Kyodan, and Champion.  Sometimes you can get quite nice things from Marshalls/TJMaxx or Burlington.  I also, surprisingly, really like the pairs I made myself using athleisure fabric from Joanns or milleskin from Spandex World, and a pattern from Simplicity (?) or Jalie.  

Thank you Everyone!

Well, because I'm a cheap-o I bought two Champion leggings. It's becoming clear to me that I need more of a workout "wardrobe" so I'll be using your recommendations in the future as I build.

I'd love to try Lucy and Athleta, but they're both pretty pricey. I'll try a pair next.

I'll also keep Old Navy, GAP, and Kohls in mind.

Victorias Secret only makes me nervous because it seemed like they were made for young people with super nice bods. (Not me.)

Thank you again!

Alley

• Like 1