Menu

Favorite brussel sprouts recipe -- for tonight?

ThisIsTheDay

Roast them, and when they are tender toss them in this sauce:

2 tsp balsamic vinegar

1 tbsp maple syrup

1 tbsp (fresh if possible) orange juice

1/2 tsp orange zest

2 tbsp cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces.

Heat the first four ingredients until hot but not simmering; take off the heat and whisk in the butter a few pieces at a time.

Possibly consider not sharing.

• Like 1

Thank you for the great ideas! I've only made these once or twice before and had no desire to try them again.

But last night, I sliced them thinly and sauteed in butter/oil until browned, seasoning with salt, pepper and a bit of lemon juice. They were fantastic, and surprisingly both of my kids liked them a lot. I want to sub the lemon juice with balsamic, and I want to try roasting with a splash of bourbon.

It was nice to finally like these little things!

• Like 3

Thank you for the great ideas! I've only made these once or twice before and had no desire to try them again.

But last night, I sliced them thinly and sauteed in butter/oil until browned, seasoning with salt, pepper and a bit of lemon juice. They were fantastic, and surprisingly both of my kids liked them a lot. I want to sub the lemon juice with balsamic, and I want to try roasting with a splash of bourbon.

It was nice to finally like these little things!

Agreeing! I used to steam them from time to time and put balsamic vinegar on them, but DH and I are the only ones who liked them and even so, I mostly just ate them because they are very nutritious.

I just started making them another way, though and I LOVE them this way, plus all the kids enthusiastically ate them:

Par-boil them in water for about five minutes; drain. Brown some bacon in the pan while the sprouts drain, remove bacon. Sauté a bit of onion till soft; add back the sprouts. Salt, pepper and 1 Tbsp of Maple Syrup over them. Keep stirring in the pan so they don't burn, about 5 more minutes. Add back the bacon. Serve.

Yum!