Menu

Remember my whine about winter jackets being so expensive

DawnM

Here is a new WHINE.

I ordered 3 winter coats on sale from Costco. Only one arrived. I thought it was just a shipping delay but went online to check today and it says it was in the same shipment with the other coat. NOPE! It wasn't.

Called this am to tell them and they said they are now OUT of them and not sure they will get them again but can refund my money.

UGH!

Back to look for another option.

This one was water resistant too. I want that option for rain and snow days. And no puffy jackets, my boys won't wear them.

This was the jacket:

http://www.costco.com/Gerry-Men's-Pro-Sphere-Insulated-Jacket.product.100106183.html

I LIKE the one I got, and it was a $10 off deal, so they were only $29.99.

POUT POUT POUT

Have you tried Sierra Trading Post? If you sign up for their emails they almost always have coupon offers. Yesterday I used one that was 25% off site wide and free shipping. I bought a parka, ski pants, hat, gloves, gaiter, and a set of long underwear for DD (adult sizes)for $120. I've had great luck buying the kids' parkas, etc. there.

ETA: an apostrophe

Edited by RioSamba
  • Like 1

Have you tried Sierra Trading Post? If you sign up for their emails they almost always have coupon offers. Yesterday I used one that was 25% off site wide and free shipping. I bought a parka, ski pants, hat, gloves, gaiter, and a set of long underwear for DD (adult sizes)for $120. I've had great luck buying the kids' parkas, etc. there.

ETA: an apostrophe

Do they have free return shipping if it doesn't fit?

One reason I order from Costco is the return policy.

I ordered 3 winter coats on sale from Costco.

This was the jacket:

http://www.costco.com/Gerry-Men's-Pro-Sphere-Insulated-Jacket.product.100106183.html

I LIKE the one I got, and it was a $10 off deal, so they were only $29.99.

I'm sorry your deal didn't work out! How did you get the $10 off deal? They still have smalls atm and I may get one for ds. Thanks!

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-1735952/dickies-fleece-lined-hooded-jacket-men.jsp?color=Dark%20Navy

Get additional 15% off using CANDYCANE code.  Might get 30% off is you have Kohl's account credit card.

Kohls has 230 options under $50.  Free shipping over $50

Ebates will give additional 6% back in cash at Kohl's.  I've been an Ebates member for years.  No gimmicks. No spam.

Good luck!

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-1735952/dickies-fleece-lined-hooded-jacket-men.jsp?color=Dark%20Navy

Get additional 15% off using CANDYCANE code.  Might get 30% off is you have Kohl's account credit card.

Kohls has 230 options under $50.  Free shipping over $50

Ebates will give additional 6% back in cash at Kohl's.  I've been an Ebates member for years.  No gimmicks. No spam.

Good luck!

Thanks. That specifically says Lightweight. I need a winter coat. And I need it to say water resistant or waterproof.

Sierra has $6.95 return shipping for refunds, $2.95 shipping for exchange or store credit. If you process the return online you get credit instantly.

I see.

Considering I have to have them try on 10 different things before finding something they like if I am in the store, I am very hesitant to buy anything online that I can't return for free.

At Costco I can return it for free. And I have a box of stuff to return right now, clothing they didn't like or didn't fit.

This particular jacket happened to be a keeper and I was so happy.

Costco said they MIGHT get a new shipment and to keep checking. But I can't wait too long.

18, 16, and 12. The 12 year old is fairly large, not fat, just tall and not a skinny kid. I could get away with a M for one kid but need L for the other 2.

The reason I was asking is because I got ds a jacket from thechildrensplace.com a year ago that we like. He is wearing it this winter, too. It's two jackets that can be worn together or worn separately. They don't have the exact version on their site right now but one very similar. Your 12 yr old may fit in one of their sizes. If you have a store near you, you can do in store returns for most online purchases. I usually find their online deals better. Like free shipping and often there is a coupon code to bring down the total.

http://www.childrensplace.com/shop/us/search/boys-clothing/boys-outerwear

My boys have these, and we like them. You can wear the inner jacket on a fall evening as a warm fuzzy, the outer jacket on a spring day as a raincoat or windbreaker, or zip them together for a winter coat. My only complaint is that although I zip them together once we hit winter the boys keep unzipping them and then they have to put on, take off, and hang up two coats which creates a traffic jam in the entryway. But that's a complaint about my kids more than the coats.

The one we have and the one in the picture has a way to snap the inner jacket to the outer. Then sleeves don't get jumbled and you could hang it as one coat. Not sure if you've tried the snaps (inside wrists and inside collar).