Menu

Is there a way to read text messages online? ***Update in OP***

Excelsior! Academy

I dropped my phone and can't access the touch screen.  Dh was able to pull all my photos, contact list and calendar.  I have a couple of crucial, time sensitive texts I am waiting on, and am afraid I may have already received them.  Is there a way to view them online?  We tried a projection software, but you have to click on your phone's touch screen to use it, which I can't do.  It's a Windows phone being used with Net10, if that matters.  

__________________________________________________________________________________________

***Update***

After reading zyxwvut's suggestion dh remembered we still had dd's old Windows phone.  He put my sim into her old phone and it worked!!  I lost texts from last night until about 1:20 today, but am able to access the rest.  Thank you so much!!!

Edited by Excelsior! Academy
  • Like 6

Could you just contact the person(s) and let them know that your phone is unusable right now and so could they please contact you via ____? Even if you were able to view them, you wouldn't be able to respond or see additional ones probably so an alternative contact might be necessary.

I know, this isn't very helpful. Just thinking that at the end of the day it might be better to reach out to them (assuming you got their contact info when your dh got the phone contact list) with this info in case they continue to text that phone.

I'm able to view text messages through "the cloud" on my Mac's iMessage app.  I know you don't have Apple products, but perhaps there's something similar?

Also, several years ago, I was actually able to access deleted text messages via my laptop.  I could see current messages too.  I can't remember how I did it exactly, but I think I connected my phone to my computer and then worked through some online website.  It was actually quite amazing!

• Like 1

I don't think you can get messages if they have already been sent, but if your dh's phone is similar to yours, you can put your sim card in his phone, and will receive text messages as if it is yours.  Sorry for that terrible sentence.  I'm too tired to do a better job.

• Like 1

Thank you all!!

heartlikealion, I did sent out a Facebook message, so that should cover most of my regular contacts.

hornblower and NorthwestMom, Will definitely try both of these.

J-rap, We have one drive.  Hopefully it has a function like this.  I did order an iphone as a replacement phone.

zyxwvut- Excellent idea!

Carol and Lizzie- Will try these.

• Like 2

Does your phone company have an app that allows you to keep receiving calls/messages when you are out of signal coverage? Some companies do and allow you to use your number with a version of the app on tablets and computers. I am not sure whether you have access to older texts on that system but it definitely works for any new stuff you receive/send.

Which carrier do you have? I know that on Verizon's website there is a way to log in and look at messages. I think you may have to set it up first and then you will start receiving them, but it may help for ones you haven't received yet.  The only thing I don't know is if you have to have the phone in hand to accept the set up on the phone itself.