Menu

Gah! It is WINDY!

BlsdMama

We have had gorgeous fall weather and I guess winter is roaring in.

So, got a GREAT deal on trampoline this summer - $20 with the net and the whole ball of wax.

Guess where it is now?

Yeah, I don't know either.  We live in an area totally surrounded by fields on every side.  It is NOWHERE to be seen.  

Besides that?  I'm in the mood for winter.  Bring on the SNOW!

Minnesota - you're getting snow out of all this, yeah?

• Like 1

Have you checked the roof? LOL

The trampoline in my parents' back yard somehow ended up in the side yard a few years ago after a fall windstorm. We were baffled on the logistics because there are trees in between and the corner of the house/siding/windows, that were not noticeably damaged by something as big as a 14' trampoline with a net. It was just a complete mystery. The trampoline was still intact, except a few of the legs had separated from the "feet" of the legs.

The next summer, they were replacing shingles with a tin roof and discovered a couple holes in the roof the perfect size, shape and distance where the trampoline posts has landed as it flipped up out of the yard, onto the roof, and back down into the side yard.

Gotta love prairie farm country plow winds.

It is 71 degrees here which is just nuts for Michigan in November. No wind noe but by tomorrow morning 25 mph sustained and 36-40 gusts with a temp drop to 37 degrees. Sigh....so the airport canceled our high powered launch slated for tomorrow meaning ds can't attempt his high powered certification and the rocket team can't fly their subscale model. This is a bit of a disaster because the airfield won't have a one mile agl waiver again until the third weekend of December and their launch report is due before the January flight window. One single Saturday to hope the weather cooperates. If it doesn't we have to figure out the money situation to hall the team down south to a field with a Dec/Jan launch windoe before the report is due.

So as the rocket team mentor I shakr my fist at the wind and yell BAH HUMBUG!!!

Same here!  November weather has finally arrived.  

As we were walking into the grocery store today, the temp was in the 60's and the kids and I were talking about how it was almost too warm for a sweatshirt.  An hour later when we came out, the temp had dropped at least ten degrees and the wind was howling.  Now it's 41 degrees and there's a wind advisory and chance of snow tonight.

Update.

At 8 pm we were outside with the 4H clu. Doing some fun activities. It was warm, practically balmy. No wind to speak of. Then we saw lightening in the distance. By 8:30 torrential rain and terrible wind.

Sigh

Michigan

But the million dollar question - did you see a distant, blowing trampoline? :lol:

Tomorrow's weather forecast has 90km/h (56mph) winds from the coast (The Hague) all the way inland into Germany (okay, maybe not 90km/h there, but Xanten also had a high wind warning). Did the globe speed up or something that everybody's got fast winds?

Hope you found your trampoline and it didn't damage anything.

Did you find your trampoline?

It's super windy here today (Though not at the moment). We have every leg of the trampoline staked four feet down. And support poles on two sides five feet out that are connected to the tops of the safety net (these were added after the first wind we had when we realized the leg stakes weren't going to be enough).

We have three different seasons: wind, summer, wind, winter. I really hate the wind. I'm sorry it's been bad for you, I understand!