Menu

840 calories of baked beans

Tiramisu

SOOO true. Label reading is so important, if frustrating. 

At trader joes yesterday I found out that the granola is actually higher in sugar than the pumpkin ice cream sandwich bites! And the serving size was TINY. 

There are a lot of things like this. Really? If I chose one, it'd be the ice cream. No more fooling myself with "health food" would be a good resolution...

Emily

There are a lot of things like this. Really? If I chose one, it'd be the ice cream. No more fooling myself with "health food" would be a good resolution...

Emily

LOL, in fact the ice cream came home with us. I left the granola on the shelf. Because yeah, if I'm going to be bad and splurge, it won't be on granola!

• Like 2

I know.  It's so disappointing.  One of my favorite foods is popcorn.  I was perfectly happy with air popped to cut calories...but in order to have as much popcorn I would actually want to have.... forget it.  Not worth it.

And I LOVE beans, baked beans, lentil soups, split pea soup, chick pea curry, black beans in rice, hummus... I haven't had any of that in years. It's just too nutritionally dense. 

• Like 1

LOL, in fact the ice cream came home with us. I left the granola on the shelf. Because yeah, if I'm going to be bad and splurge, it won't be on granola!

Yes indeed. It's like when I'm at the store and I see a 600 calorie bran muffin loaded with sugar. Holy crap, if I wanna indulge I wanna indulge, bring me the COOKIES. They've got just as much sugar and they taste a lot better. 

Yes indeed. It's like when I'm at the store and I see a 600 calorie bran muffin loaded with sugar. Holy crap, if I wanna indulge I wanna indulge, bring me the COOKIES. They've got just as much sugar and they taste a lot better. 

Seriously. When I was at Panera the other day I could have  a bagel and cream cheese for about 430 calories, or a chocolate croissant pastry thing for 450. Went with the chocolate, for sure!

• Like 3

The Dairy Queen near us just added calorie counts to their menu.  That was not something I needed to see.

The phrase "empty calories" always seems to imply NO calories.  But then you see that a peanut buster parfait is almost half your daily recommended calories....

Fortunately, now that the kids are older, we're no longer going over there several times a week.  (Having a DQ a block away can be hard on healthy eating habits)

• Like 2

I'm having the opposite problem right now--dealing with pregnancy nausea that gets worse when I don't eat enough, but most of the foods I can bring myself to choke down have way too few calories.

I need the calorie dense stuff right now. But not too quickly digested.

Edited by maize