Menu

Solved! What book series is this? Police procedural set in Seattle, female detective, male boss (more inside)

katilac

Single female detective crushes on her boss, but that's all it is. She dates a different male colleague at some point in the series, gets serious. He is divorced and has kids. 

Male boss gets lots of page time as well, I believe he is divorced and married to a younger woman, Latino? 

In one book, there are several children living on their own so they don't go to foster care. 

In another book, I believe the criminals are two brothers. 

It's a recent series, I would think 2000s but possibly a bit earlier. Not a ton of books in the series. 

Anyone? 

Edited by katilac

only thing I can think of is maybe one of Lisa Jackson's series? Maybe? But those are serial killer style, not police procedural. 

Definitely not serial killer style. 

There's the J. P. Beaumont series (by J. A. Jance) which is set in Seattle, but your other details don't seem to fit (unless I've forgotten something, which is entirely possible!).

That's the series that keeps popping up in my searches, but nope, that's not it! 

I really need to start a "books I've read" list. 

So, ahem . . . *shuffles feet nervously* 

Please keep in mind that I didn't have to come back to this thread and out myself as an idiot. I could have let everyone continue thinking there was some great series set in Seattle that we could just never find again, like the lost chord. 

Instead, I will admit that I finally remembered it was Pittsburgh, not Seattle. It's a series by Kathleen George, and the female detective is Colleen Greer. There are four or five books in the series, but unfortunately not a new one since I read them. I'm going to have to try some of the actual Seattle series instead, lol. 

I really do recommend them. They are a good balance between the police work and just enough personal stuff. 

• Like 6

You know, some cities are easier to mix up. Seattle and Portland, maybe, or Pittsburg and Cleavland. But Seattle and Pittsburg? Sounds like something I would do. ;)

In my defense, I live in the deep, deep south, they are all just 'big northern cities' to me  :laugh:

Edited by katilac
  • Like 4

Have you read the alphabet series by Sue Grafton? I think there are 24 out. Could help tide you over to the next Kathleen George book (which I will have to put on hold).

I have read most of them, but I might have missed the last one or two! I will check. 

• Like 1

It's a series by Kathleen George, and the female detective is Colleen Greer. There are four or five books in the series, but unfortunately not a new one since I read them. I'm going to have to try some of the actual Seattle series instead, lol. 

I really do recommend them. They are a good balance between the police work and just enough personal stuff. 

There are five six books total.  I think Greer shows up in book three.  I just finished it, and I thought it was great.  I've downloaded them all from the library -- now I'm going to jump back to book one to read the rest of the books in order. :D

Edited by TrixieB
  • Like 1