Menu

How does one find a tree doctor?

Spryte

We have a sick tree. :(

I just noticed that it's leaves are curling up and it's clearly not healthy. I have no idea if it can be saved. It's huge, and we love that tree.

I know who to call to have it cut down, but I'd really like to see if it's a lost cause before doing that.

TruGreen, who does our lawn, offers a tree service but we haven't found that the lawn techs they send are terribly knowledgeable, so I'm skeptical.

Any ideas on how to find someone?

Thank you! I knew there was a name for it, but could not come up with it.

I'll do some looking online tonight and make call tomorrow.

:) Happy, I wish we could use your company! The drive would be a bit much - we're in the DC area.

remember a forester =/= an arborist 

my FIL was a professional forester. It's not at all the same thing as an arborist. 

Anecdote FTW. I am the daughter of a professional forester. He worked for the state as one for his entire career. And what the OP is asking about is one of the things that fell under his domain.  People called all. the. time. and asked about their trees. Therefore, my advice stands.

Especially because you could most likely visit the closest one and take in a leaf sample or whatever and get some advice for free.

So yeah, I'd start there. 

Side note: Why doesn't it like the word aborist? Isn't that correct?