Menu

How sad...

That is heartbreaking!

Thankfully she didn't succeed with the gun. And she gets to keep her house.

Kucinich brings up her plight and then votes the bill down?

OT - but I really detest all these home equity loans that are advertised for vacation money and incidentals instead of as savings/investment money. It doesn't say why this woman took out a series of equity loans, but I doubt they pointed out the dangers to her.

I lived in Westchester County, in NY, when I was in high school. The property value so increased there, and taxes were so high (when my mom had to sell her house, the school tax alone was over $9,000!!!), many elderly people who had lived there all their lives were losing their houses to taxes. Property values had gone sky high, then plummeted, but taxes, like school, etc, did not go down once they had been raised.

Probably to live on, like the reverse mortgages that are being pushed upon seniors now days..... Could we just let the evictees shoot the CEO's in the chests next time, instead of themselves?

now now --be careful:

there's a few posters who are very sensitive about seeing murder discussed so openly and w/ almost sheer delight.

;)

It is very sad, but I'm not going to form any further opinion because I don't know the details surrounding her mortgage. My grandmother built up debt bailing out my irresponsible cousin who used her until the very end.

Edited by nestof3

Does that mean you didn't feel sorry for your grandmother?

It is very sad, but I'm not going to form any further opinion because I don't know the details surrounding her mortgage. My grandmother built up debt bailing out my irresponsible cousin who used her until the very end.

Does that mean you didn't feel sorry for your grandmother?

No, but it also doesn't mean that I don't feel the bank who gives loans to people deserve to be paid. My grandmother was responsible for her financial decisions. She didn't lose her house or anything, but she was always complaining about not being able to afford this or that, so my dad would get whatever she needed for herself, then she would take her own money and give it to televangelists and to my cousin. She also racked up debt buying things for my cousin. Of course, none of this was discovered until the bills started coming in when she died.

Oh, ok.

No, but it also doesn't mean that I don't feel the bank who gives loans to people deserve to be paid. My grandmother was responsible for her financial decisions. She didn't lose her house or anything, but she was always complaining about not being able to afford this or that, so my dad would get whatever she needed for herself, then she would take her own money and give it to televangelists and to my cousin. She also racked up debt buying things for my cousin. Of course, none of this was discovered until the bills started coming in when she died.

So sad.

And it just frustrates me to no end that the CEO's of all the big mortgage companies that are going belly up will remain in their multi-million dollar homes while the little guys suffer. Why can't the gov't repo their homes and boats and cars, etc? Basically take everything they have, give them a flat $500k to get started again and leave them to get a real job to support their families.

Me to. Doesn't Raines now advise Obama???

Both say no. Didn't in the past, does not now. But it was reported that someone said he was in the Style section of the Washington Post. And I guess if people say it over and over a whole lot of people will believe it anyway. Sorta like McCain's "illegitimate baby" in 2000.

As a funny aside, someone on this board is acquainted more closely than six degrees of separation from Franklin Raines, but I ain't saying who. :D

He has advised Obama and contributed quite a bit of money to him as well.

http://townhall.com/columnists/ThomasSowell/2008/10/03/do_facts_matter

Raines personally contributed to Obama, but the more interesting information is how much money Fanny Mae, when Raines was CEO, contributed to Obama. Other than Christopher Dodd, Obama received the most of any other senator or congressman.:confused: