Menu

Paper and pen planner for men

MrsRobinson

Dh is starting school this fall. He will still be working full time and he has a few volunteer responsibilities for our congregation. The latter doesn't take up much time but he does have to be organized with phone calls and emails and some paperwork.

I mentioned him needing a planner to schedule his time and not forget anything and he really liked the idea. Mine is pretty girlish, big, and uses a daily layout with big blocks for morning afternoon and evening. I think he would do better with a weekly layout. Maybe Monday-wednesday on one side and Thursday-weekend on the other. Monthly calendar pages would be nice too. But nothing too big. ;)

He's fairly techie so I've thought about a digital planner but I have no idea where to start on that. I need to physically write it out or it won't get done. I think he would do fine with digital if he could have reminder alerts or alarms for upcoming deadlines.

Any suggestions? TIA

Dh loves his ARC system from Staples. He even managed to win me over, and now I'm putting together my own with the ARC punch. Not that I ever need much convincing to buy new office supplies!

My ds loves the ARC notebooks too.

His schoolwork was a mess, until he got a combination of ARC, sketchbooks from Dick Blick, and Bound French notebooks from Writers Bloc. It really makes a difference when you have nice books to write in.

I used computer calendars for a while and lost track of schedules, because all the entries looked more or less the same. I love being able to underline, circle, bold, etc in a notebook.

• Like 1

We have Wunderlist synced with Google calendar. We can both edit with our computers or phones.

My son told me about Wunderlist three days ago and I am HOOKED.  

It's so great for keeping track of all the projects, chores, and to-dos, as we as making it possible for our family to have a group "to do" list.  I put our groceries on there and whoever is in the store can get what is on it and check it off.  And then when we need it again, we "uncheck" it and there it is on the list again!  And the same with taking out the garbage.  My dh usually does it, but when we are out of town, we can re-assign it to my son who has stayed home and he does it.  Amazing.

The thing is really rich...it's like a multi-user Project but it's FREE.  Unbelievable.  

You can see what you have to do this day, for the coming three days, for a week.  It's just great.

Bear in mind that I worked on groupware in the early 90s and I know for a fact that Wanderlist is magic.

My son told me about Wunderlist three days ago and I am HOOKED.

It's so great for keeping track of all the projects, chores, and to-dos, as we as making it possible for our family to have a group "to do" list. I put our groceries on there and whoever is in the store can get what is on it and check it off. And then when we need it again, we "uncheck" it and there it is on the list again! And the same with taking out the garbage. My dh usually does it, but when we are out of town, we can re-assign it to my son who has stayed home and he does it. Amazing.

The thing is really rich...it's like a multi-user Project but it's FREE. Unbelievable.

You can see what you have to do this day, for the coming three days, for a week. It's just great.

Bear in mind that I worked on groupware in the early 90s and I know for a fact that Wanderlist is magic.

If you didn't know you can permanently delete things on your grocery list which is necessary when you need oddities. You can also set due dates which is what will sync with your calendar. I chose Google because our calendars were already synced. My stuff is in purple, his is in blue and Wunderlist (shared) is in red. It's also nice because if I have something on the shopping list I will add a due date to it and it will show up on my husband's calendar. I've been using it for over a year and failed my Bullet Journal because Wunderlist is so much simpler. I really need to write up an essay on it and share it with the hive because I think everyone needs it.

Oh, and it syncs with Google now so all of your to do stuff for that day will appear on your phone's home screen.

• Like 1