Menu

Oh, Pinterest, aren't you cute!!

Moxie

I adore my children's teachers. Really, they are wonderful. So, I hopped onto Pinterest to get teacher gift ideas. The second suggestion?? A pair of Tieks. Yes, I do believe a pair of $200 ballet flats would certainly make them feel appreciated!!

• Like 17

ROFL - yes, right.  Happens everyday.

I personally like coffee shop gift cards in the 5-20 range depending on the relationship as little thank yous.  Maybe sitting in a cute mug with a few nice chocolates if I'm feeling over the top.

• Like 3

Oh man, those Tiek ads are everywhere on Pinterest. It's gotten to the point where I start thinking "man, I could use a pair of those" whenever I log in. Which is I'm sure, exactly what they wanted! 

I'm giving DS' french teacher a gift card to Amazon or Starbucks. Not sure which yet. 

• Like 3

Yeah, if I were buying Tieks (and I'm not), they'd be for me. I can't wrap my mind around $200 ballet shoes.

I'm getting DS's awesome teacher an Amazon card. I've also done Starbucks before, but this teacher has food allergies. I figure everyone can use something from Amazon, and most teachers don't need another #1 Teacher mug!

• Like 1

Dd the teacher likes a thank you card. Nothing beats sincere thanks. She gets tons of coffee cards and mugs. She says a Staples card for all the supplies she buys would be great.

Yes, as a former teacher, thank you notes - from parent or student or both - were always the most meaningful. I kept many. Starbucks or local bookstore gift cards are also appreciated.

ETA: not even sure what I would have done if someone had gifted me shoes, and I was the "shoe teacher". I did get shoe themed notecards and ornaments, though!

Edited by HOPE_Academy
  • Like 1

:lol:

Yeah, right. The Tieks ads on Pinterest finally got to me too, so I clicked on one the other day. Oh, those are cute, and they look pretty comfy, maybe I should... What the WHAT? Those things cost HOW MUCH???

Never mind.

I missed Teacher Appreciation Week (really, I suck as a school parent -- this is why I homeschool) so I was planning a year-end gift for ds's preschool teachers. I was thinking either fresh strawberries with a small pound cake (store-bought, of course, I spend all my free time on Pinterest, not actually BAKING anything) or one of those little round watermelons tied up with a cute bow.

I can not fathom giving or receiving shoes as a gift beyond immediate family.

Maybe I feel this way because my feet are really difficult to fit but I would be a bit creeped out of anyone besides my husband (who knows there are like 5 kinds I can even wear) bought me shoes.

• Like 2

Oh I thought it was just me. I actually bought a pair for my trip to London last September. Ever since Pinterest has been rife with ads!

I've worn those babies almost every day since buying them. Well worth the money spent. They're super comfortable. It's the most that I've ever spent on an item of clothing ever, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

• Like 1