Menu

I hate tornado season

Katy

Thanks everyone.  I think I'm going to try to go to bed.  The leading edge passed over us a while ago, and none of the 3 current tornadoes are anywhere near us.  I think we're just going to have rain tonight.  Hope everyone else is okay.

I know how you feel!  The expected storms here did not materialize.  We had a heavy thunderstorm, but no hail and no tornadoes where I live.  I think northwest of us may have had a tornado on the ground, but I don't see any reports this morning yet. 

I know how you feel! The expected storms here did not materialize. We had a heavy thunderstorm, but no hail and no tornadoes where I live. I think northwest of us may have had a tornado on the ground, but I don't see any reports this morning yet.

This.

We have to drive to shelter (with four kids in the middle of the night). I hate this season.

My new goal is to cut the weather channel out of my life.

I grew up with earthquakes.  When they happen, they happen.  There is no hours long build up to warn you.  The weather people (and lovely friends on Facebook!) have made it almost an art to panic people for 10-12 hours over storms and tornadoes here.  I get it, preparation is good.  But our sirens go off with plenty of time to get the family to a safe place and I have perfectly good skin and eyes to tell me the rest of the weather:
Dark clouds - probably hail and definitely rain.

Melty feeling - it's hot, and probably going to rain.

Green sky - TAKE COVER

Where I fail, ds1 can take over.  He's had storm watch training to figure out the subtle differences in ugly weather.

I get it, I do, but I'm tired of having my stomach in knots.  I've decided I'm not going to let them get to me anymore. 

You and me both. I have PTSD from being a tornado survivor when I was a kid. So not fun.

Me three.  I was in an F4 when I was in second grade.   Whenever there is a tornado watch or warning, I am always little jumpy.  If they don't expire until 4 am, I usually stay up.  Things are slightly better now with better radar, but still...I hate tornadoes.