Menu

Good dorm room sheets - Twin XL

Bambam

We need to find some Twin XL sheets for my oldest heading off to college in the fall.

None of our local stores seem to carry Twin XL. 

I'd like to find some that will last. The sheets they have now seem to only last 1-2 years before they have tears or a hole. 

Any recommendations for online stores that carry this size? Or are we too early and they will show up later in the season?

We found them at TJMax, Pottery Barn Teen, the Company Store etc. on sale. I bought two sets and they are both here being used occasionally after 3 years of wear. Don't forget a nice mattress pad. I think I covered the mattress with a zip cover and then put on a mattress pad and sheets. 

• Like 1

All three of mine selected theirs from Kohls in their "college shopping" area.  They got two sets each and not one has had issues.

I'll second getting a great mattress pad for them.  My guys are the envy of their friends.  I selected theirs mainly by looking at reviews on Amazon and since these things are bulky, we had two of the three shipped directly to campus (learned from experience!).

One other thought we've been thanked for... if in a rainy or snowy location (as mine are), make sure they have a shoe/boot holder that holds water and muck.  We found a welcome mat at Walmart that is perfect for the job.

• Like 3

When stores set up their back to school/college sections, you will be able to easily find them. We purchased them at Target. Amazon is also another good resource. Register for Bed, Bath & Beyond emails or texts - they always send out 20% off coupons. The coupons work in store and online. You can use one coupon per item there, so if you want to you can stockpile them. 

• Like 1

One other thought we've been thanked for... if in a rainy or snowy location (as mine are), make sure they have a shoe/boot holder that holds water and muck.  We found a welcome mat at Walmart that is perfect for the job.

Yes! Weirdly enough, AC Moore has a good boot tray for under $5. DS insisted he didn't need one and then a couple of weeks ago he told us he had been using a towel by his door for his shoes and the mud has stained it. Sigh. 

• Like 1

We went with Target--not expensive and they've held up fine. I bought the microfiber instead of the knit because it dries so much faster. 

Don't do what I did and invest in too nice of a mattress pad until you know it's needed. Everyone I talked to said to get a memory foam topper because the dorm mattresses weren't comfortable. The mattress turned out to be just fine for my guy, and now I have a dorm mattress size topper sitting around until the next kid goes off.