Menu

Subscription boxes master list?

Sarah0000

For what age?

I have used Koala Crate and now Mother Goose Time on my 2 year old. I don't see us stopping Mother Goose Time as the value is unbelievable compared to Koala Crate. Koala Crate had good materials in it though.

My 7 year old has really enjoyed Tinker Crate. He enjoys working with my husband on that. 

Those are the only ones we have used. 

Mother Goose Time is a curriculum that is for pre-school through Kindergarden. I believe I will use it through Kindergarden as it is SOO much fun! Different themes every month, 90 - 95% of what you need in the box. Includes a story book, 10 song CD, 2 manipulatives sets (this month was a set of attribute blocks and wooden shape beads and string), crafts, sign language card, beginning reading book, bilingual book (4 pages but still a book), and tons more. I am actually planning on using the program with my 7 year old this summer as a break. The months will be on Art and Science Lab. 

Tinker Crete I have enjoyed as it uses wood and other high quality materials to make the items. They also teach things that we are not learning currently with science curriculum so that is also nice. 

I'm getting raddish cooking club for kids - they even offer a homeschool extension set of lesson plans with each kit. http://www.raddishkids.com

I've been interested in this one but I don't really get it from the website. Could you give me an idea what comes in the box and how you use it? And with what ages? Do you feel like it's been worth it? Thanks!

Pley is a Lego subscription: https://www.pley.com (ETA: I bookmarked this as a Lego subscription, but they've since expanded into several pricey brands of toys. It works more like Netflix - you choose what you get, mail it back when done, and get more stuff for a monthly fee.)

MEL Chemistry is newer: https://melscience.com/en/

Edited by Jackie

• 10 months later...

This thread is from last year but I am giving it a bump because I like threads like this with lists and reviews and often miss them the first time around; thought there might be others out there who are interested.

Also if anyone has new or updated reviews that would be great!

I wanted to add, we are doing Little Passports next year and I found on the site, I think for the first 6 kits you get, there are free lesson plans for homeschoolers.  I haven't looked it over yet to see if it looks good, just wanted to put that out there for anyone that hadn't seen that before.

My girls (7 & 3) got three months of Green Kids Crafts from my mom and love it so far. Each one has a handful of crafts, a science activity, and a card of game ideas. They follow a theme and are sprinkled with info throughout. We're only on our second box.

Update on this one - They liked this well enough, but for some reason it just didn't hold their attention. The third box is still unopened somewhere. 

Now they do Kiwi crate and Koala crate and LOVE them! Those do NOT sit unopened for any length of time! I once had to hide them the second they arrived because we just didn't have time for it that day and were driving out of town the next morning. They are excited every single month and get into them immediately. Their excitement has not dwindled at all since we started last May. I think they may actually love it more every month. Sometime around summer or fall I am going to bump them up to Kiwi and Tinker crates. 

We are also getting the Steve Spangler deluxe club box. It is great and they really enjoy it, especially my science obsessed 8yo. We aren't quite keeping up with them, though, so I paused it for one month. I'm thinking I'll pause every other month so we're only getting one every two months. But she is in PS right now, so we don't have as much time for these things. She's coming back home next year so we'll have more time then. But it's $30 a month so I may keep it at every other just for cost factor even though we'd easily keep up with monthly. 

• Like 1