Menu

Most slimming pants

DawnM

I realize everyone's body is different, but here is the deal.

I have been in denial about having gained more weight about 2 -3 years ago.  I have been getting by with yoga pants and large T-shirts, and my old stretchier jeans that are now falling apart.

So now, I have to get some clothes!  I am doing interviews and have ONE pair o pants to wear to the interviews that fit me.  That part is actually ok, they won't know I wore the same thing to the last interview, etc.....

But I need more clothes!

I need:

Jeans

Casual pants

maybe a middle ground between casual and dress pant

at least 1 pr. dress pants.

I am short, so they must come in petite.  And I am overweight, so they must be slimming.  I honestly don't know my size.   It was a 14, it may now be a 16.  I keep thinking I will go shopping once I lose weight but this is too urgent to wait for that, and I need a few items now.

They need to have some give, lycra, or something.  They also need to not have pockets that bulge.  If the pockets stay put or are flat, that would be best.  I don't need to add any more inches to my hips!

I have been looking online at Lane Bryant and Dress Barn and now Kohl's but the women's section petites is slim pickings.

THANK YOU!

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=lee+natural+fit+pull+on+pants+petite&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Alee+natural+fit+pull+on+pants+petite

I have a couple pairs of Lee Pull On pants that I really like. The flat front and low profile pockets are nice. I found one pair and Kolh's and another at Burlington Coat Factory.

• Like 2

Zella leggings are awesome for casual wear--very slimming.

Not Your Daughter's Jeans brand has both jeans and black or charcoal dress pants.  I don't know how they do it, but somehow they managed to design these to make you look a size thinner.  They are awesome and wear forever.  I am 5'4" and the jeans fit me straight away, while the dress pants fit me with heels or can be hemmed.

• Like 1

Pennys has a large petite selection for pants. It depends on your body type what will work for you, they have several that are flattering and comfortable for me. Try on a variety of styles and sizes to see what works best.

Yeah, I hate, hate, hate shopping.  And quite frankly, I think nothing looks best on me right now......

Zella leggings are awesome for casual wear--very slimming.

Not Your Daughter's Jeans brand has both jeans and black or charcoal dress pants.  I don't know how they do it, but somehow they managed to design these to make you look a size thinner.  They are awesome and wear forever.  I am 5'4" and the jeans fit me straight away, while the dress pants fit me with heels or can be hemmed.

All I see are actual leggings, body fitting.  These would be for work, business casual style, so I need something not as tight or form fitting.

I really like the dress pants from Dress Barn. I think the brand is Roz & Ali. I get them in short (can't wear petite for some reason, run too small on me). They have a few styles, some with no pockets or zippers (I love these!). I also love their jeggings, but I don't think they call them this. They are very slimming! My sister asked if I had lost weight but I actually had gained. Mine are black, tight fitting with non-bulky pockets and they can be dressed up or down. I have the long ones and capris. Sorry, I looked on their site and not sure the name, but it could be the Signature Lux capris in black. 

I get my jeans at Maurices since they carry short. Just beware they stretch! 

Edited by magnificent_baby
  • Like 1

Try Lee Riders. Walmart carries them and they are a very nice looking jean for $19.00. They have a curvy style if your extra weight is in your butt/thighs and also a skinny jean version that works well if your weight is in your belly area. The fabric is soft and just a bit stretchy. Holds its shape really well. I get compliments all the time when wearing them. 

Edited by Laurie4b
  • Like 1

I wear a size down on both the Zellas and the Jags. When I was a size 10, I'd wear an 8 in those brands. Lately I'm more of an 8 (thanks to the 5:2 diet) so I wear a 6 in the Jags. My size 8 Zellas are too big right now, so I've ordered a size 6. The Zellas are pricey but so comfortable, and that's what dh loves to see me in. I  have a couple pair and wear them almost every day (except in July and August) and they've lasted for years.

• Like 1

All I see are actual leggings, body fitting.  These would be for work, business casual style, so I need something not as tight or form fitting.

Could you wear them with the new longer tunics?  Mid-thigh length?  (I don't know your workplace.  'Business casual' varies a great deal from one place to another.)  One of the nice things about being on the short side is that tunics land further down than they do on the models.

So, for instance, I have this one:  http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/dantelle-print-side-slit-tunic-plus-size/4293174?origin=category-personalizedsort&fashioncolor=BLACK%2F%20FLAX

And it hits at the lower mid thigh in front and about knee length in back, not hiplength like it looks in the picture.  I'm totally comfortable wearing it with Zella black leggings in nicer casual settings, because there is no question that my rear end will never be uncovered.  I.e. never a 'Those aren't pants' moment.  Also the Zella leggings are very opaque, and they are two layers of material--the black ones are actually reversible.  So no embarrassing 'this fabric has thinned and become see through' moments either.  They are quite unique.

Edited by Carol in Cal.
  • Like 1

J. Jill.

I would shop there all the time if I were a working mom.

Their wearever line is pricey but SUPER comfortable and in my opinion, very classy but still casual for work.

http://www.jjill.com/jjillonline/product/product.aspx?item=H9078C&rPFID=1257&sk=N&h=N

Soo flattering with a tunic or if you're able to get by with it, a blouse.

Beautiful fit I think.  They just fall perfectly on lots of body types.

The slim leg outfit on page 2 of the "banner" ad thingie is very nice, I think.

http://www.jjill.com/jjillonline/prodnav/grid.aspx?pfid=1257&sk=N&h=N&click=header_SWN

Edited by momee
  • Like 2

Could you wear them with the new longer tunics?  Mid-thigh length?  (I don't know your workplace.  'Business casual' varies a great deal from one place to another.)  One of the nice things about being on the short side is that tunics land further down than they do on the models.

So, for instance, I have this one:  http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/dantelle-print-side-slit-tunic-plus-size/4293174?origin=category-personalizedsort&fashioncolor=BLACK%2F%20FLAX

And it hits at the lower mid thigh in front and about knee length in back, not hiplength like it looks in the picture.  I'm totally comfortable wearing it with Zella black leggings in nicer casual settings, because there is no question that my rear end will never be uncovered.  I.e. never a 'Those aren't pants' moment.  Also the Zella leggings are very opaque, and they are two layers of material--the black ones are actually reversible.  So no embarrassing 'this fabric has thinned and become see through' moments either.  They are quite unique.

This would be for a school counseling job working in a school setting.  

Where I worked before (CA) we were allowed to wear dress type jeans.  I wore them a lot.  Here we can only wear jeans on Fridays.  Although when I went to visit a school about a week ago, on a Thursday, the counselor had on denim.  They weren't 5 pocket jeans, but they were definitely denim.  Maybe I should find out exactly what the dress code is.

If I could get away with a couple pairs of black jeans and maybe a couple pairs of dark denim or dark brown jeans, I would do that and just wear longer tops that were a little dressier or nicer, tunic type.

If I hadn't gained weight, I would have a few pieces.  ARGH!

If the job doesn't start until August, I will focus on getting off the 20 pounds I gained, but if they need me now (the job I interviewed for yesterday will be hiring NOW) I will have to buy a few items.

I love Jag pullon jeans - wearing some right now! I have ordered the shorts and they don't work for me - but I generally hate shorts so that is not surprising.

But I got this skirt about a month ago and I love it! It does have buttons, but the dark color is nice and it is flattering if you are looking for any skirts. 

http://www.zappos.com/jag-jeans-hazel-slim-pencil-skirt-republic-denim

• Like 1