Menu

Pi day is it just the US...

bettyandbob

We have 4-H on Friday night and will be celebrating a belated PI day with the students.

Lots of fun pi day activities including creating poetry with Pilish, a poetical "meter" based on Pi. Since Pi Day is also Einstein's birthday, we will have a belated celebration of that too which means chocolate pie, raspberry pie, cherry pie, and apple pie. I will probably serve up small amounts of ice cream as well.

• Like 1

It's catching on in Canada. I have no idea how we write our dates "officially" as some places do 03.14 and other places 14.03.  Canada seems to have one foot in the metric/International world and another in some other world - it might be the US, but who knows. ;)

I learned about it in high school because the chemistry teacher talked about it, and there were two guys in my class who, every year, made a pi day movie based on a super-heor, called pi-man, that they created.

It was never mentioned as being related to the date, but I agree, dates here are all over the place.

Now there are always activities at the museum and discovery center and library.

It's catching on in Canada. I have no idea how we write our dates "officially" as some places do 03.14 and other places 14.03. Canada seems to have one foot in the metric/International world and another in some other world - it might be the US, but who knows. ;)

The official date order in Canada is 2016-03-14 or 14/03/2016 I have no idea why the punctuation reverses the order. I always assumed one was French (no idea which though lol)

But so many companies are American or use American software that 3/14/2016 happens all the time.