Menu

my brother sent me a link

gardenmom5

to what can only be described as a certifiable tinfoil hat nutcase conspiracy site.. . he's an electrical engineer!  I thought he was more rational than this - apparetly not.  he's bought it hook line and sinker.

I'm tempted to send him weird al's foil song.    . . .  really.  tempted.

• Like 2

My uncle is a retired civil engineer with many sound bridges to his name. He's spending his retirement reading conspiracy websites for hours each day. The kind with numbers hidden in the Bible that show that North Korea is working with Obama to blow up the moon. (Well, not that exactly)

• Like 3

My uncle is a retired civil engineer with many sound bridges to his name. He's spending his retirement reading conspiracy websites for hours each day. The kind with numbers hidden in the Bible that show that North Korea is working with Obama to blow up the moon. (Well, not that exactly)

Shhhhh.... that is supposed to be a secret!  Only those with the right knowledge is supposed to know about that top secret plan!  :lol:

• Like 5

Is it personal enough that you know he really sent it?  Is it possible he was hacked?

he sent me a link before - without making any additional comments - so I emailed him back asking if he'd been hacked  . . . oh no, not at all, he thought I would find this enligtening.  (and he talks about being a seeker of truth . . . . )

this time - he included a line or two so I would know it was him . . . .

Are you're not going to tell us what it was? 😄

The other day I spent a few hours researching proof of Bigfoot's existence. Totally fascinating. Lol!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_ROiplEV6I0

knock yourself out.

Could he be having an actual mental breakdown? Mental health issues are very real.

only if it's taking years to get there.  which is possible.

he's been a major jerk since he was a teen.  in the npd territory. about seven years ago, I recall listening to him talk to his youngest and thinking he was going to make her a neurotic mess.  his ex wife isn't much better.  after threats from him after our mother's death, I had to cut him off.

his life has gone downhill since shortly before our mother died (though I thought his situation had since stablized) - but that was more because choices he made started blowing up in his face. some really big, huge, explosions.   I'm sure there came a point he started getting mentally desperate - and he just kept pushing people away, with threats.  I wouldn't be surprised if he was also depressed. 

it would be pretty ironic though - he doesn't believe mental illness is real.  to the point he interefered with our schizophrenic mother's mental health care. (to her detriment.  It was months before I found out what he'd done.)

Ok, just pointing out- minions were mentioned MULTIPLE times. Coincidence? I think not.

Things I learned: a) stockpile Prozac. b) avoid Southern California, Israel, New York and British Royalty. C) minions DO exist d) between this post and the apple post I'm now definitely on a list.

maybe I should ask him if he liked the minion's movie.  I still haven't seen it - but 2dd (the pickiest) loved it.

Goodness.  Think it's possible he has schizophrenia too, always has, and is just in denial?

no I seriously doubt he is schizophrenic.  for one thing - it tends to show up much earlier. (he's in his 50's)  they think schizophrenia has something to do with the normal teen-age neuron pruning in the brain going haywire. (dh's brother was also a likely schizophrenic - so I've seen two up close and personal over years.  bil - was downright scary at time. my brother was just obnoxious in comparison. I also have a dear irlf whose step-son, who lives with her, is schizophrenic.)

narcisstic pd- yes.

Can we discuss this as if it is rational for a second?  I totally understand how the concept of the dollar ceasing to be the reserve currency is inevitable.  What I don't understand is why/how people think this will lead to inevitable financial catastrophe.  Why wouldn't we just do the same thing the UK did and exchange the old currency for a new currency and stop all chaos whatsoever?

I think those getting paranoid are thinking weimar republic levels of inflation. (very poorly handled.)  that was one of the factors in hitler's rise in power.

When I was trying to show my husband what a high percentage of biomass of the earth was insects because there were so many of them, the first link I found started out really good...

But collapsed by the end and said that ants were going to take over the world!!

I found my husband some respectable websites but he is still skeptical about the insect biomass.