Menu

Anyone watch The Mentalist last night?

I watched it. I thought it was pretty good but I sure don't need to get all involved in another show. The Closer just ended---one of my favs.

What was up with the red smilie at the end over the top of his bed? Was that THE smilie the killer left when his family was killed? Creepy.

Is it anything like "Psych" but not a comedy?

I never watched Psych...he isn't psychic..he pretended to be in his past life and made money tricking people. I would say it is more like a profiler sort of show, but slightly lighter...not much lighter because there is definitely lots of crime in the show.

What did you think of it?

We really enjoyed it. I hope it stays witty and clever through the coming months.

"He irks me; he's irksome" :lol:

Dh and I loved it - dh wasn't too sure he wanted to watch it when the previews started airing because he had seen a couple episodes of the The Guardian and thought Simon Baker was a horrible actor because of the character's personality in that show (I explained that was just the character's personality - lol). We loved the quote above :D

Guest angie1313
and an accent I think. Wasn't Simon (insert last name here /Baker?) on a show before where he had a lovely accent?

I think he was in the Devil Wears Prada

I watched it....I enjoyed it...

If anyone missed it they are replaying it Friday night.

I don't remember a TV show that he had his accent but yes in a few movies he has let his accent come through.

And Jessica, YES, it is the perfect show to watch after House...as I told my dh.....a night of total eye candy. :) hee hee hee

Alison

Yes we all watched it here and really enjoyed it. We also loved the "He irks me; he's irksome" line. DH really didn't want to watch it, but he did and then he said that the show looked like something worth watching TV for. We don't watch a lot of TV--we usually only follow a few shows every season. Another one we like is Numbers.

I never watched Psych...he isn't psychic..he pretended to be in his past life and made money tricking people. I would say it is more like a profiler sort of show, but slightly lighter...not much lighter because there is definitely lots of crime in the show.

Hm. Maybe I'll DVR it next week. I had forgotten it was on this week.

I finally had a chance to watch this last night. It was ok, but a little different, I've started watching FRINGE and already watch a few other shows, so I'm not sure if I have time for another new show. I want to watch the ex List that starts in a week. Guess my DVR is going to be busy!

House, Fringe, Grey's Anatomy, Survivor, NCIS, CSI, How I Met Your Mother....:001_huh:

Phlox

What was up with the red smilie at the end over the top of his bed? Was that THE smilie the killer left when his family was killed? Creepy.

I understood it to be the same smiley that was left from when his family was killed. He was in the same house, went up the stairs and into the same room. Also, the smiley was somewhat faded. I think he was staying in that room because it makes him feel close to his family (the last place he saw them), but also so that he never forgets, or loses track of his mission - to find the killer.

Now, on to more important matters...Simon Baker is hot. But alas, he's married and has three children. And alas, the same holds true for me. ;)