Menu

DH is at a job interview right now Update Post 55

ktgrok

He took the job :)

He turned in his notice at the current job yesterday. He starts the new job on March 14th. Contract for 30 days with expectation to hire, with possibilty of a signing bonus, after 30 days. Which means, hopefully around April 14th he will be permanently hired and I can start trying for a baby :)

• Like 26

• 3 weeks later...

Little update! Today was his first day at the new job, and he messaged me to say he made the right decision :)

He had a meeting with the team and he said that they were saying to do all the things he has always wanted to do, but office politics prevented. Here, he will be allowed to actually do his job it seems. And his cubical is more of a mini office, which he sent me photos of :)

Oh, and although he is a contract worker, he is technically employed by the headhunter organization, so no self employment taxes or any of that to worry about. We will have to get cobra or a temporary insurance policy for next month, but that's okay. 

• Like 34

So, he's been there several days now and comes home happier each day. Honestly, it's like seeing a person who was in an abusive relationship learn what it's like to be in a good relationship. People are being respectful, everyone there actually follows the guidelines that are in writing, etc. Oh, and he was walking by the break room and overheard one person (who knows him from a previous job years ago) talking to one of the members of his team saying, "oh, yeah, that guy _____ is a real rockstar." So, that was pretty awesome to hear! 

In other things, that make ME happy, the restaurant/cafeteria has HEALTHY food, with the nutrition information clearly labeled! Instead of eating giant burgers with fries and eggs and onion rings on top he's now eating curried salmon for lunch, with vegetables!!!! And there is a gym he's going to start using, and the building is located on a large tract of undeveloped land, with a walking path and everything! And the views from the windows are all of nature, which is just so good for the brain (recent article in Nat Geo about that actually, for those interested). So I think it's going to be a very healthy place for him, physically and mentally. Which makes me VERY happy. 

• Like 18