Menu

My bookshelves are here!

medawyn

Nobody IRL appreciates this as much as the Hive will.

I have 44 boxes of books to unpack, and we finally made it to IKEA to pick up our Billy bookshelves.

I think I might get to spend Valentine's Day sorting and shelving books. Swoon. :-)

I just moved and I only have 20 boxes of books to unpack. I think I should set new goals  :laugh:

• Like 5

I had some business to finish up with the seller after we bought this house, calling her for a forwarding address, or something like that.  She asked how we liked the house, and I said fine, but carrying all the book boxes upstairs nearly did us in.  In a horrified tone she asked how many boxes of books we had, and I replied offhandedly, "About 50!"  It was clear she was horrified at the idea, when she asked  then asked where in the world we put them all.  I couldn't resist tweaking her a bit and told her there were books in every room of the house. (There are.) Eight years later, only the half-bath and kitchen don't have their own bookcases.  Every other room is properly outfitted.

Edited by Halftime Hope
  • Like 2

How cool!  I have a dream of one day having a library room in our house.  It will have to be a different house though... we have boxes and boxes of books in the garage.

I would love an actual library someday...  These are going on one wall of our playroom.  It's a big wall, but I'm still pretty certain it won't hold all the books.  But still - a whole wall!

You need to get the extension bits that make the shelves go all the way to the ceiling. And the bookshelf ladder. Forget advanced degrees, nothing says 'intellectual' like a bookshelf ladder😄

I did get the bits that make them go all the way to the ceiling!! I need all the bookshelf space I can get  :001_cool: My bookshelf ladder is a step stool for now.  I'd hate to see what my toddlers could do with a bookshelf ladder  :smash:

I'd hate to see what my toddlers could do with a bookshelf ladder :smash:

Oh dear! I can imagine... I do occasionally have to remind the 9 year old that bookshelf ladders are for accessing books, not for climbing on to touch the ceiling fan. One of the things I liked about the extension is that I figure there's no way the bookshelf can fall over - it would wedge right against the ceiling.