Menu

Go Panthers!!! Good job Cam and entire team - SUPERBOWL bound!

sheryl

I'm not a really huge football fan, but I do kinda like this group of guys.  For the most part they seem to be genuinely nice men who like and respect each other, give back a lot to their community and state(s), and are having a really, really good time.

#carolinapanthers

#keeppounding

#onecarolina

• Like 1

As a Green Bay fan who abhors the Broncos, I am a Panther fan for the next two weeks and hope they obliterate Denver. :)

Funny...my dh was born and raised in a suburb of Milwaukee!  And, we lived there the first 5 years of our marriage.  DH is a HUGE Packers fan, needless to say.

I like Denver all right but we are Charlotte residents and have been for 25 years so this is home now.  We're rooting for the PANTHERS!  :hurray:

DAB!

Edited by sheryl
  • Like 3

Peyton does have class and I respect his longevity and amazing career. But I adore this group of Panthers! They play with joy and I love watching them. I don't understand the Cam hate (not here, but I see it all the time online). I love watching them play and I love it when they give the TD balls to kids in the audience and they all just seem so darn happy to be playing football. I'm a big Pats fan, but I've been rooting for the Panthers all season too!

• Like 3

Not a fan of the team because I have my own, but these guys have worked very hard and played really well and deserve to win. Their play against us in the playoffs was so smooth even Seahawks fans had to go, "Oooh."

Good luck and have a great Super Bowl!

I mean, you're ahead by 20+ however many points and you go for a 2pt conversion. Why, exactly?

Never give up. Always give 100%. I like that.

• Like 4

And remember that this team very nearly blew a 31-point lead against Seattle the week before. No way were they taking their chances! Every point counts!

Well, I wouldn't say they blew it... the Hawks worked hard for that, but every team will work hard in the Super Bowl. Every point does count.

@TechWife, LOL. The year I graduated, YO.

• Like 1

Funny. I find them super show-boaty. I hate that. I mean, you're ahead by 20+ however many points and you go for a 2pt conversion. Why, exactly? And do we really need a dance after every single play?

I'll be cheering for the Broncos. Peyton has class.

Ditto. I am sure they worked hard as any other teams, but I can't tell if they are having fun or are just cocky and arrogant? Rooting for Manning :)

Ditto. I am sure they worked hard as any other teams, but I can't tell if they are having fun or are just cocky and arrogant? Rooting for Manning :)

I'm no big fan of professional sports, but I'm 95% convinced these guys are having the time of their lives.  I think the Panthers are on the whole a very classy team, and it comes from the top down.  Case in point (note this is from last year).

Edited by Pawz4me
  • Like 4

I'm no big fan of professional sports, but I'm 95% convinced these guys are having the time of their lives.  I think the Panthers are on the whole a very classy team, and it comes from the top down.  Case in point (note this is from last year).

I agree - I think they're just a really great organization. There are a lot of articles like this about Cam: http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/9/26/9400887/cam-newton-panthers-nfl-early-halloween-party-boy-battling-cancer-charlotte

I know other teams have plenty of players who also do great things, but I'm feeling the need to defend the Panthers here because for some reason they get criticized a lot. 

And they had let up in the second half for the two games prior and almost let the Seahawks beat them in the divisional round, I'm glad they kept their foot on the gas the whole game. The Patriots have gotten criticized for running up the score in the past as well, but it's not that. It's executing the game plan and playing until the end. If you "let your butts get tight" as Cam put it in his press conference after the Seattle game, you run the risk of losing the game. 

I am a bit torn about the super bowl. The prevailing thought is that Manning is going to retire after this year and I would like him to go out on a high note. But I love the Panthers. At this point I'll be cheering for a good game I think. :-)

• Like 2

Even if you are not a football fan, you are this year if you live in NC!

I agree to some extent.  But if the Panthers had issues (oh, let's say like cheating ;)) or had they kept Greg Hardy then I wouldn't be a fan.  I'm just not that interested in overgrown, frequently badly behaved men getting paid outrageous sums of money for playing a game.  But . . . I see the reports over and over of all the good stuff these guys do to give back and I see Richardson as an owner with some very high standards.  And that means a lot.

• Like 1

I agree to some extent.  But if the Panthers had issues (oh, let's say like cheating ;)) or had they kept Greg Hardy then I wouldn't be a fan.  I'm just not that interested in overgrown, frequently badly behaved men getting paid outrageous sums of money for playing a game.  But . . . I see the reports over and over of all the good stuff these guys do to give back and I see Richardson as an owner with some very high standards.  And that means a lot.

Definitely. I love the fact that Richardson has set and maintained high standards for his team. I hope it never changes. He is a class act (even if he hardly ever smiles!). Ron Rivera as well.

And yes, the Seahawks certainly put up a fight week before last to come back. I'm not trying to take anything away from them. But my point is, the Panthers didn't play nearly as hard in the second half as they did in the first. By their own admission, they got comfy and almost let the game slip through their fingers. Going for the 2-point conversion against Arizona wasn't running up the score (not that I really think such a thing exists in pro sports -- this isn't Little League where everybody gets a trophy), it was continuing to play hard, knowing that your opponent is elite and has the capacity to sneak up on you if you aren't vigilant.

Edited by PeachyDoodle
  • Like 2