Menu

Put on your thinking caps!

You know how soap operas/prime time dramas are always set in a specific location? ER is in a hospital, there's been a million of them set in the west or on ranches, the South American "telenovelas" are often on haciendas, etc....

Can you think of some new, heretofore unused "locations" for a drama, the more unusual the better?

You get extra points if you outline the perfect villain for the piece.

Guest Virginia Dawn

A small town garden center was the most unlikely place for drama that I could think of.

The villian- The (female) head of the Junior Master Gardener's club.

If you make a book out of this please don't tell anyone that I gave you this idea. ;)

ETA: Disclaimer. There is absolutely no reason for me to suggest this other than it is so unlikely.

You know how soap operas/prime time dramas are always set in a specific location? ER is in a hospital, there's been a million of them set in the west or on ranches, the South American "telenovelas" are often on haciendas, etc....

Can you think of some new, heretofore unused "locations" for a drama, the more unusual the better?

You get extra points if you outline the perfect villain for the piece.

7-11, the Slushie man as villain. High-fructose corn syrup and Red Dye No. 40

Amtrak -- sort of like The Love Boat, with the regular riders, the vacationers, the dining car, the sleeping car, a politician or two...

Nursing home

Small college

Monastery

Nurses station in a large medical center -- Yeah, now there's drama for ya :glare:

A nursing home.

Villian is a chef in the kitchen skilled at making low fat gravy. Everyone loves him because it tastes sooo good. :D

The romance in the west wing is the most convoluted. But the east wing rivales it since the residents are older ...... by ten years. ;)

(Please, I am not trying to offend older people.....some day I will be one.) :tongue_smilie: