Menu

Called it! (sick content)

BarbecueMom

DS6 woke up this morning with a stomach virus. Luckily he's contained himself in his room from the start with his bucket. I posted on a thread a couple weeks ago that we deal with puking every single Thanksgiving or Christmas, and we made it through November unscathed. Guess it's Christmas this year!

My mother sounds like she wants the for-now healthy people to come over and eat the traditional spaghetti Christmas Eve dinner, but I am so not cleaning that up from whoever gets hit next. Sorry, but no.

Anyone else dealing with sick people today?

Older dd has a sore throat from a virus (went to the nurse practitioner at Walgreens for a strep test -- she was pretty sure it wasn't strep but thought she should check).  She's at work right now anyway, and no plans to slow down over the holiday.  

OTOH, I'd love to have an excuse to say I'm sick and can't do all the things right now, but here I am running around healthy organizing and cleaning everything.  Unfair!

OTOH, I'd love to have an excuse to say I'm sick and can't do all the things right now, but here I am running around healthy organizing and cleaning everything. Unfair!

I despise stomach bugs, but a cold or throat thing that knocks me down for a couple days so I can stay in bed without guilt or expectation and read and have people bring me hot tea... sounds lovely.

I'm doing the running around and cleaning thing too. Might as well get ahead of it.

Yup. My 16 year old came down with it from both ends last night . . . while we were sleeping . . . and he wisely left his contaminated bedroom and bathroom and puked all over our family room, powder room and laundry room, wandered in and out of the kitchen, and shat on the couch. We have two washer/dryers which are both busy, and the rest of us have already spent hours sanitizing and cleaning . . . We had houseguests who left this morning, and their 8 year old started this Tuesday . . . so pretty much our entire house is contaminated or at least potentially contaminated. This is one of those times that having a huge house is not a good thing . . . My hands are already dry and ouchy from just cleaning the kitchen, dining, powder room . . . I'm taking a breather and then am heading back at it . . . I never, ever manage to avoid everyone getting sick once a GI bug comes into the family. Other illnesses we can manage to avoid spreading, but somehow GI bugs are just too potent to avoid transmitting . . .

I still can't believe my 16 year old decided to contaminate the entire main floor of the house instead of staying in his bedroom and bathroom . . .

Yup. My 16 year old came down with it from both ends last night . . . while we were sleeping . . . and he wisely left his contaminated bedroom and bathroom and puked all over our family room, powder room and laundry room, wandered in and out of the kitchen, and shat on the couch. We have two washer/dryers which are both busy, and the rest of us have already spent hours sanitizing and cleaning . . . We had houseguests who left this morning, and their 8 year old started this Tuesday . . . so pretty much our entire house is contaminated or at least potentially contaminated. This is one of those times that having a huge house is not a good thing . . . My hands are already dry and ouchy from just cleaning the kitchen, dining, powder room . . . I'm taking a breather and then am heading back at it . . . I never, ever manage to avoid everyone getting sick once a GI bug comes into the family. Other illnesses we can manage to avoid spreading, but somehow GI bugs are just too potent to avoid transmitting . . .

I still can't believe my 16 year old decided to contaminate the entire main floor of the house instead of staying in his bedroom and bathroom . . .

Oh my. Sending you all well wishes and a metric butt ton of bleach.

Yup. I'm getting over bronchitis and still coughing like I'm about to hack up a lung. My poor ds9 has had a fever for the past 3-4 days. He always looks forward to ringing bells during the Gloria at Midnight Mass and won't be able to tonight. He's really upset about missing Mass tonight.

Gosh! I was having a little pity party for myself (came down with a killer uti out of nowhere on Monday, was on Cipro for two days, wound up projectile vomiting from the abx, switched abx yesterday, just feeling a bit better today, then had aunt flo show up this morning- ugh!) then I read Stephanie's post. Now I am feeling very, very thankful!

Hugs to all the other "sickies" out there!

I'm so sorry, BarbecueMom!  Hope your little guy feels better soon and nobody else gets it. But I have to say, if someone in our family was barfing, I'd have a hard time getting the others to eat spaghetti- because they would all be thinking that if they get sick they do NOT want to be barfing up spaghetti. 

:grouphug:

I'm so sorry, BarbecueMom! Hope your little guy feels better soon and nobody else gets it. But I have to say, if someone in our family was barfing, I'd have a hard time getting the others to eat spaghetti- because they would all be thinking that if they get sick they do NOT want to be barfing up spaghetti.

:grouphug:

Honestly, I never make spaghetti specifically for this reason. I just can't handle the aftermath.

No one really has much of an appetite today anyway. Too much eww.

• Like 1