Menu

Fitbit questions on food logging

DawnM

Do you track your food/calories on Fitbit.com?

How does it compare to MyFitnessPal?

I tried to play with Fitbit.com's food log thing and it seems more cumbersome and doesn't allow me to add recipes of my own to calculate calories????

Or am I doing something wrong?

I had really wanted to keep all my info in ONE place, but it may not work.

Thoughts?

I use my fitness pal, but it is synced with my fitbit data. So food is entered into MFP, but it automatically gives me more calories via exercise if I get more than a certain number of steps. I don't have to do anything, it just knows. And if I enter stuff in MFP then my fitbit dashboard shows it too, so I can see my calories either place. It's really not a big deal. Just make sure if you enter any other exercise you do it in fitbit, and when you enter food you do it in MFP.

I use MFP for logging food, but I don't sync my Fitbit.  It seems to me way too many people seem to have issues with syncing, and I don't want to fool with that.  I have no trouble dealing with the separate data, although I know not everyone would like doing it that way since you don't get real time info.

I use MFP for logging food, but I don't sync my Fitbit.  It seems to me way too many people seem to have issues with syncing, and I don't want to fool with that.  I have no trouble dealing with the separate data, although I know not everyone would like doing it that way since you don't get real time info.

Huh, I have never heard of any issues with syncing. Go figure. All my friends that use both sync them, and I've never heard of a single problem. I don't have any either. Only time I had an issue was when I put exercise into MFP by accident, and it gave me twice the exercise because fitbit logged it already.