Menu

More Christmas dinner help:)

lewber

Take jicama and cut it into spears.  Arrange in a flatish heap on a quiche pan.

Then get several colors of citrus and wash very well.  I like to use limes, an orange, and a Meyer lemon.  A few kumquats are nice if you have them around.  Cut the citrus into wedges, pop out the seeds, and nestle upside down into the pan.  Leave the kumquats whole for garnish.  Guests pick a wedge, squeeze the juice onto the jicama, and then eat it.  You can sift some paprika over the jicama before putting the citrus in if you like a little heat.  This is really good and it's pretty.  Plus almost everyone can eat it.

• Like 3

Take jicama and cut it into spears. Arrange in a flatish heap on a quiche pan.

Then get several colors of citrus and wash very well. I like to use limes, an orange, and a Meyer lemon. A few kumquats are nice if you have them around. Cut the citrus into wedges, pop out the seeds, and nestle upside down into the pan. Leave the kumquats whole for garnish. Guests pick a wedge, squeeze the juice onto the jicama, and then eat it. You can sift some paprika over the jicama before putting the citrus in if you like a little heat. This is really good and it's pretty. Plus almost everyone can eat it.

This sounds delicious!

Q: from your description I'm picturing the citrus nestled in the jicama...is that right? Rind side up?