Menu

No sugar! 30 day challenge. Who is with me?

Desert Strawberry

So here's a new one. At an event last night I was told that abstaining from sugar was " disordered" and " maybe a sign I have eating disorders." Wow, because when politely passing the cookies I said I was avoiding sugar. I didn't know I had entered nut territory.

Ugh. Whatever. I can't stand the overly sweet cookies that other people bake! lol

So here's a new one. At an event last night I was told that abstaining from sugar was " disordered" and " maybe a sign I have eating disorders." Wow, because when politely passing the cookies I said I was avoiding sugar. I didn't know I had entered nut territory.

I'm guessing that whoever said that to you probably feels some guilt over their own sugar consumption and rather than change their habits they just deflect and make you look like the weird one. Yeah, people who abstain from sugar are in the minority but that doesn't mean they have eating disorders. Sigh...passing cookies and bean dip at the same time last night, huh? 

• Like 1

Well I NEEDED to be in (just seeing this thread as I've been absent from the boards). At this point I have just given up until after Christmas, but I feel DISGUSTING! I have done this before and need to ditch it for good. I feel terrible when I am eating poorly, and I have no energy.

If anyone kicks something off after January 1, I'm in!

• Like 2

My 30 days are up tomorrow. 

I fell off the wagon on Friday. D brought home cookies and chocolates. I ate them before I realized what I was doing. 

The good news is that I don't really think about it anymore. My goal was to break my pastry habit, and that is done. I'm going to treat myself a bit over the holidays, then do a detox/fitness challenge in January, take Feb off, another challenge in March, and so on. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in! Today is day 14 for me-but I don't intend to necessarily stop at 30. I feel much better off sugar, but it's a slippery slope. I'm not someone who can have it in moderation, ever. One bite & I'm a sugar-holic all over again :(. One day at a time for as many days as possible.

• Like 3