Menu

Aspirin. It could save my husbands life.

Ginadee12

Hey all, I've been doing more and more research to find out how effective aspirin is for heart attack treatment.

As my husband is getting toward 60 I do worry that he is still under too much stress at that age due to his work.

I've been having him carry around aspirin pills with him at all times the last few months. Currently we are wrapping them in foil and stuffing them in his wallet but he still manages to lose them. Anyone have a better method to carry them? Thank you.

Some people take a low dose pill daily, although discuss with your doctor.

Otherwise, I'd look for the single dose packets in vending machines and convenience stores so that it has a labeled wrapper nearly credit card size and won't fall out.

• Like 1

I wouldn't bother specially carrying aspirin.  Around here, pretty much the first thing EMS does for a chest pain call is to give aspirin to chew.  I figure if I'm having symptoms that I think might be a heart attack, I'm going to the hospital by EMS, and the aspirin comes as part of that package. 

Hey all, I've been doing more and more research to find out how effective aspirin is for heart attack treatment.

As my husband is getting toward 60 I do worry that he is still under too much stress at that age due to his work.

I've been having him carry around aspirin pills with him at all times the last few months. Currently we are wrapping them in foil and stuffing them in his wallet but he still manages to lose them. Anyone have a better method to carry them? Thank you.

Is this something you husband's cardiologist recommended he do?

• Like 1

Is this something you husband's cardiologist recommended he do?

If it's something the doctor recommended, I'd get a wallet with a small zippered coin section. Idk if I'd use foil or a Baggie for fear of it looking like something illicit. They also make pill containers that attach to key rings.

• Like 1

If you are looking for a wallet with a section for medicine there was something on Facebook and Google. It has a built in medicine container Try typing in:

Pill Pocket Wallet

I'm looking for one for my husband as well. This would be good for his vitamin D gel tablets he takes. Those things are so small and they get crushed or overheat and melt quite easily when left in the car. Vitamin D deficiency is common for most middle aged men. Hope that helps.

Hey thank you all for the replies. Yes his cardiologist has recommended this but only if he starts to experience chest tightness. I've decided to go with two of the options you all listed- I found them on google:

the pill fob and

the Pill Pocket Wallet

I'll buy him both and see whatever one he likes to use more. The easier accessibility he has to the pills the better I will feel about it.