Menu

Ugh! I think Grammar might be ruined forever at our house!

Kerileanne99

Today dd wanted to do some MCT grammar. I told her I had to clean the kitchen and get baby bro to sleep, then we could 'play.'

She did wait fairly patiently, but asked several times. When I was ready I finally called 'Okay, it's grammar time!'

😳My very calm, staid British hubby suddenly broke into MC Hammer wannabe mode, shouted 'it's GRAMMARTIME!' And gyrated/undulated/spasmed in an attempt at what I think was supposed to be breakdancing.

I now cannot get the song, or the image, out of my head! I fear I am doomed to years of this painful association every time we do grammar. Is there hope? Therapy?

Embarrassingly enough, my very first concert (and 'date' with the boy's family) was an MC Hammer concert😊

• Like 26

I toured around the sentence from the noun to the verb...

You can't touch this.

Ohoh oh oh oh ohohoh

Better?

:D

'Fraid Not!

😄

Dd5 did not understand all the commotion ('Daddy, what are you DOING?!) so hubby thought it amusing to show her YouTube clips. of course, she doesn't know the whole song so just keeps singing certain key phrases.over.and.over.again. It won't STOP🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶

• Like 4

:lol: :lol: :lol:

(He needs the pants.)

It occurred to me that it would be funny...until I thought that with my luck he would probably find them comfortable and wear them. In public.

We already have an ongoing Great Sock Debate in our house. This has been a point of contention for year, with detailed arguments for either side. Hhm, maybe another thread. I wonder if the Hive had strong opinions regarding the wearing of black versus white socks? With sandals or never? And so on...

• Like 4

It occurred to me that it would be funny...until I thought that with my luck he would probably find them comfortable and wear them. In public.

We already have an ongoing Great Sock Debate in our house. This has been a point of contention for year, with detailed arguments for either side. Hhm, maybe another thread. I wonder if the Hive had strong opinions regarding the wearing of black versus white socks? With sandals or never? And so on...

Oh there are opinions. Strong ones indeed.

• Like 1

I feel your pain. At some point, I am sure it will become endearing.

When Ds was a toddler, I used to say, "Stop!" quite frequently as he was a climber, runner, wander off kid. Dh taught the boy to reply, "Collaborate and listen!" It would immediately remove all of any authority I had in my voice because 2.5 year old Vanilla Ice lyrics are the most ridiculous thing in the world!

• Like 5

Excellent spin off thread!

• Like 1