Menu

S/o blood moon

MedicMom

Is it true? The end of the world is at hand?

I have a sick baby, a three year old who refuses to potty train, and a five year old who has dismantled by entire living room to turn it into a shelter for solar flares.

And $158,027 in medical bills that my insurance is denying.

If it's the end of the world, I'm going to celebrate.

• Like 11

Hmm, should I be maxing out our credit cards at this point?

And my lack of intelligence with going full time (to pay extra bills no less!) right here at this time.  I really should have been thinking ahead. (sigh) 

ps to the OP - I hope there's hope with your insurance!  Insurance companies bug the heck out of me.  I just heard another mostly-disaster story yesterday.

• Like 4

I have a sick baby, a three year old who refuses to potty train, and a five year old who has dismantled by entire living room to turn it into a shelter for solar flares.

And $158,027 in medical bills that my insurance is denying.

Same here. She will pee, but she refuses to do the other. :/ 

Big hugs on that insurance junk. I sincerely hate dealing with insurance companies!

And $158,027 in medical bills that my insurance is denying.   I'm so sorry - I wish you luck fighting with them.

I would like to know more about how your 5yo built a solar flare proof shelter. a number of scientists have been warning about the possibility them happening and knocking out electronics.

not that I'm that worried about one.  just because in the 19th century there was one that would have wrecked havoc on our modern electrical grids (which didn't exist then) - a coronal mass ejection (not just a solar flare) has to be the right magnitude and the exact right angle to cause problems on earth.  those chances are pretty slim.

so never mind.  the 5yo is thinking flares, and I'm thinking CMEs . . .

• Like 1

Hmm, should I be maxing out our credit cards at this point?

And my lack of intelligence with going full time (to pay extra bills no less!) right here at this time.  I really should have been thinking ahead. (sigh) 

ps to the OP - I hope there's hope with your insurance!  Insurance companies bug the heck out of me.  I just heard another mostly-disaster story yesterday.

I admit I've never understood the logic - well, I understand what the person thinks, but find it so irrational, I don't understand it.

I know of people who've done that.  I recall one year (probably 80s) a couple SOLD THEIR HOME and almost everything they owned, used their savings, etc. to buy tickets in some European lottery. I think there logic was to buy a ticket of every number so they'd be sure winners, except they didn't have enough to buy that many tickets.  they still lost.

I don't know how my five year old knows about solar flares, but that is exactly what he described to me. That he is concerned aboht a solar flare knocking out all of our electronics and his shelter he built out of couch cushions has some sort of magnetic field that should keep us safe. Since he doesn't watch anything but a few hand selected cartoon, I don't know where he came up with this.

He also wants to dress as a solar flare for Halloween.

Private ambulance agency so no union. The insurance company likes to deny anything they can.

Baby appears to be in the early stages of aspiration pneumonia. I suspect he will be admitted to the hospital again tomorrow afternoon if it doesn't clear up soon.

I guess I would prefer wine and chocolate to the end of the world...

(((MedicMom)))

I'm hoping the weekend brings healthier children, potty peace, and rest for a momma who needs it.

As the momma of two boys with HFA, the solar flare shelter made me laugh. The things that catch thier attention and imagination never ceases to amaze me!

And to the insurance company: death by a million papercuts!

• Like 3

I admit I've never understood the logic - well, I understand what the person thinks, but find it so irrational, I don't understand it.

Well, if the end of the world is truly coming, one can max out credit cards and not have to pay the balance (legally!).  What more could one ask for??? ;)  There'd be no need for lottery tickets of any sort.

I guess I would prefer wine and chocolate to the end of the world...

Wine and chocolate - a couple of lawn chairs - and we could watch the end of the world?  Practically free entertainment...

On a serious note, I hope your little guy gets better.  Your three year old will eventually get the toilet training thing down - honestly.  Your little guy would have me worried.  And I agree with the death via a million paper cuts mentioned above if the insurance idiots folks don't change their minds.  I hope you don't mind a little humor to keep your spirits up.  If it's not your thing, let me know.

• Like 1