Menu

Have you read the entire bible front to back? (CC content)

Mama Geek

Bible reading poll  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Have you read the entire bible

• Yes, in a methodical way over a set period of time.
    • Yes, in bits and pieces and I am sure I have read it all.
    • No, have read most of it but probably not all
    • No, and haven't read most of it.
    • Other (just because)
    • No, but am reading it all the way through for the first time now.

No, because through most of my life only certain books and partial books of the Bible was made available to me. I'm going back and reading those books that had been missing or incomplete from my life.

My goal this new Church Year will be to follow the readings with the children. I didn't join the 90 Day group, not because of lack of interest, but because I'm presuming that it's using the Protestant Bible, leaving out parts of books and other books that I WANT to read.

• Like 1

Yes, several ways--Episcopalians read the whole thing in 3 years throughout the liturgical year, like our Catholic brothers and sisters.

I also, like KarenNC, took EfM, and read it then (although I confess I did skip a bit here and there). I read it devotionally with my One Year (Daily) Bible. I've done studies on certain books, so they are more familiar to me.

(There's always something new to discover, though.)

No, because through most of my life only certain books and partial books of the Bible was made available to me. I'm going back and reading those books that had been missing or incomplete from my life.

My goal this new Church Year will be to follow the readings with the children. I didn't join the 90 Day group, not because of lack of interest, but because I'm presuming that it's using the Protestant Bible, leaving out parts of books and other books that I WANT to read.

You could have joined.  Everyone is reading their own way.  Some are chronological some are from beginning to end.  Mostly in that thread we are just encouraging each other to read and bringing up things that we notice.  It isn't formal and just something to hold us accountable.

• Like 2

Yes, methodically, more than once. I can handle the begets; it's the detailed descriptions of the tabernacle and the temple that get me bogged down.

I like the idea of reading the Bible through being a middle school requirement, I may do that. 

Begets don't bother me.  I can get a bit of rhythm going with those!  ;)   The tabernacle and the temple don't bother me.  I'm pretty visual and get these nice pictures going.  What bogs me down are the detailed laws in Leviticus.  You know, the "don't boil a kid in it's mother's milk" type laws.  I skim.  The same as I skim over all the detailed passages on whaling procedure in Moby Dick or the detailed political stuff in Les Miserables.  

• Like 1

What languages? 

I'd like to tackle it in German. 

English, Spanish, French, German, and started to read it in Hindi.  My multi-lingual studies were interrupted by the arrival of my kids ~8 years ago.  :P

• Like 1