Menu

I have used literature texts in the past and will use one next year.  Whether I'd use the one that you have would depend on whether I liked the selections and the format.

I used the Prentice Hall American literature textbook last year but only as an anthology of short stories and poems.  

I will be using the 10th grade McDougal Littell literature text next year.  We will be reading short stories from the first four units and my son will be answering most of the questions pertaining to the stories in writing.

I did/will not use either text as a stand alone literature course.  

• Like 1

We've used the McDougal Littel "The Language of Literature" from 7th to 12th grades. We do read almost every story and do we discuss the main literary element in each selection. Sometimes we discuss the questions. Occasionally, I will assign some type of written assignment.  We do NOT do everything, especially the standardized test prep pages and writing instruction pages.  We also read full novels during the year.

Nothing wrong with using a textbook... just use it as a tool to meet YOUR goals! :)

• Like 1