Menu

S/O from Vitamix thread. What blender do you recommend?

Mom28kds

I was wanting a Vitamix because of how good it's supposed to blend. After reading the other thread it has me reconsidering because we live on a budget and I wouldn't want to pay that kind of money for something that has more problems than I thought.  What blender would you recommend that mixes up seeds and greens for great smoothies that would be more budget friendly?

I must say that if making smoothies (economically) is the goal the Ninja Auto-iQ 1000 watt is pretty great. It is one of those "personal" style blenders (like a Nutri Bullet) where the blades screw onto the bottom of the jar, not a full sized blender like a Vitamix.

But it comes with 3 jars, the biggest of which is 32 oz. Makes awesome smoothies. It is loud.

About $109 at Wallyworld. And what I paid at BB&B with a coupon. $152 on Amazon (at the moment) is too high IMO, but for $110 the Ninja does a nice job.

Quite happy with ours. Have no upgrade envy.

Bill

• Like 1

I just bought an Oster Versa 1400.  I got as a lightning deal on Amazon, so I only paid $125.  I'm super happy with it.  It makes great smoothies, which is what I wanted it for.  It handles the frozen fruit and kale, and everything is smooth.  It's not loud and it's easy to clean.  It also has a good warranty.  

If you think a VitaMix is what you want, and you plan to use it, it can be worth the money.  If you just want to make smoothies, you can go with something that cost a bit less but is still of good quality.

Oh, and I do like to make the "nice cream" with frozen bananas.

I did buy a Vitamix but am not really impressed so I'm returning it and have ordered a Blendtec. I'm just gonna be mad if I could've gotten something that would work just as well for nearly half the price. ;-p

I mainly want to do smoothies, nut milks and nut butters. I wondered about the ninja just because of the price

Ninja makes a full sized blender as a lower priced competitor to Vitamix. I don't know about those. I have the smaller personal style Ninja. I've never tried making nut butters in it. I bet for some big jobs the full sized blenders are better, But for smoothies? I think it rocks.

The Auto-iQ Ninja 1000 is better than the earlier Ninja 900

Bill