Menu

Chocolate Chip Cookies + Father's Day = HELP!

kristi26

So DH NEVER asks for anything for a gift EVER. I mean never. When you ask him what he wants, he literally says "nothing." 

This year, however, he actually requested something for Father's Day!  :ohmy: He said he wants a "Chocolate Chip Cookie Tree." I have no idea what that would look like in real life and google gives me Christmas trees. :lol:  How can I arrange chocolate chip cookies in a fun way for him? A bouquet? I just don't know. Give me ideas please!

Thanks!

It's a father's day gift, so you tell the kids to figure it out. You can bake the cookies if they don't know how and tell them to make a tree, display them as a tree, hang them from a tree, whatever their creative little hearts decide upon. Or they make them themselves and figure out the display.

• Like 1

Sounds like so many varieties, I think I would ask him to elaborate on that!  If he isn't a frosting lover, he may not be thinking of something stacked! Or maybe you are creating more of a project than he has in mind!  Please share a photo when you are done and have fun!

Thanks for the ideas!

I'm thinking about doing a bouquet at this point...I want to add some chocolate chip cookie dough truffles in it for variety (found an easy recipe on pinterest).  I'm thinking I may get some colored plastic wrap for color variety...we don't do food dyes here as they cause grumpiness and migraines for the majority of us so no in-food color. I guess I need to hit up Walmart or something for some lollipop sticks.

• Like 1

If my husband asked for a Chocolate Chip Cookie tree, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't mean it literally--meaning a steady supply of chocolate chip cookies.

This is what I was thinking. He wants a tree that grows chocolate chip cookies! I'd just make the cookies..and maybe the truffles if that is something he would like.

• Like 1

This is what I was thinking. He wants a tree that grows chocolate chip cookies! I'd just make the cookies..and maybe the truffles if that is something he would like.

So I asked for clarification on the issue and the above is EXACTLY what he was talking about. Lol. Remember that book from the late 70s/early 80s about Cookie Monster and his Cookie Tree? This one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLdSdrEYsNY

He was feeling crazy at work and thinking how great some chocolate chip cookies would be which made him think of that book and how awesome that would be to have a cookie tree. :lol: Maybe I'll use his desire for cookies to get my desire for the installation of our AC. ;) After all, one doesn't bake when it's in the 80s INSIDE. 

• Like 2