Menu

I need an awesome thank you gift idea

plain jane

I need to send a thank you gift to a family but I don't know them at all.  They are exceptionally wealthy (they live in a multi-million dollar property) so I need this gift to be fairly high end and classy.  I'm going to get each of the kids a small toy and place it in the gift basket but would like some items for the parents who are in their mid 40's.  I don't want to do a gift card because any gift card denomination I could afford would simply be a drop in the bucket  :tongue_smilie: .  My first thought was some sort of wine but I don't know if they drink wine. Help!

I wouldn't try to go expensive, as it sounds like you can't compete with what they can buy for themselves. I'd go with something classic and nice but making no pretense of expense. Chocolate covered strawberries from Shari's Berries would be my go to unless someone was allergic. Otherwise, a box of nice chocolates or some homemade fudge or cookies would work.

• Like 2

Flowers are always nice.  For anyone/everyone. 

Or if you're thanking for something specific, maybe it could tie in?  (They've funded a mission trip, you gift coffee/textiles/food from the region to which you're travelling?  They've given your child a piano, you gift an album of your kid's favorite pianist? They've established a library, you give them your favorite book? Etc.)

• Like 2

Penzeys spices? They have an interesting selection and gift box ideas. Consumable but not something most people give. Of course if they enjoyed cooking they would be more appreciated. 

Flowers are always nice - you enjoy them and then they die and have no responsibility after that.  :laugh:

Zingerman's mail order food gifts also have a nice reputation for quality. 

I know a family who is very wealthy where any 'gift' would kinda pale next to the rest of their house/décor/belongings.  Fresh flowers look great and they like the gesture and 'get' the thank you.  They are given lots of chocolates and stuff over the holidays and it gets too much.  So I guess this is another vote for nice flowers.

• Like 2

If they aren't local, I might send fun edibles and souvenirs from my region. 

If they are local, I agree with a beautiful flower arrangement (which also works for not-local). 

In both cases, a handwritten thank you to go along. Photos of the recipient using whatever they are being thanked for is also usually fun. 

• Like 1