Menu

Paint color for living/dining room

2squared

Anyone want to take a stab at being my interior decorator?  I want to paint our living/dining area, but I'm not sure which shade and which paint would work.  I have no ability to choose this successfully on my own.

The room is long and narrow with some morning light.  We have dark brown leather couches and an oak dining room table in the space.  Trim is old, cheap brown wood of some sort.  We have a green apple colored circle area rug in the living area.  Our side chairs are barrel chairs with this fabric  

http://microd.besthf.com/Best-Home-Furnishings-Contemporary-Tapestry-Masala/27649-856/CoverInformation.aspx

Any suggestions?

I would go with a cream colored paint to lighten up the area which would make it feel more spacious and offset the darker furniture.  It is also possible to paint the trim white for a more custom look.  Accent pieces (art work/lamps/pillows) could be found to coordinate with the colors (reds and yellows) from the fabric piece in your example.

I just painted my basement family room Sherwin Williams Navajo White.  It is a very warm, golden yellowy cream.  I'm very happy with it.

For the record, I have redone at least a dozen houses and used hundreds of gallons of paint and I am now a Sherwin Williams convert.  We didn't have a store near us previously, but now I will not go anywhere else.  

Anyone want to take a stab at being my interior decorator?  I want to paint our living/dining area, but I'm not sure which shade and which paint would work.  I have no ability to choose this successfully on my own.

The room is long and narrow with some morning light.  We have dark brown leather couches and an oak dining room table in the space.  Trim is old, cheap brown wood of some sort.  We have a green apple colored circle area rug in the living area.  Our side chairs are barrel chairs with this fabric  

http://microd.besthf.com/Best-Home-Furnishings-Contemporary-Tapestry-Masala/27649-856/CoverInformation.aspx

Any suggestions?

Can you take a sample of the fabric with you? a cushion? and go to a Sherwin Williams store. I'd try to match one of the lighter colors in it. You could paint the trim the same color, only use a higher gloss than the wall paint.

What kind of window treatments do you have?