Menu

Christian occasion....who will help me shop???

ProudGrandma

My daughter (age 14) is getting confirmed (we are LCMS Lutheran) in a couple weeks.  I have been asked by several family members for gift ideas...in the $15-$20 range (tops)....does anybody have any great ideas that can be ordered online and will arrive before the 26th of April?

One idea that I would love to find is a cross necklace that is not dressy...but more casual, that could be worn daily.

But I am open to other ideas too.  Thanks.

A copy of Lutheran Service Book? Churches are often able to get them at a discount. The Treasury of Daily Prayer would also be fantastic, although it's a bit over your budget. CPH has some great biographies out, if she's into reading. One about Katie Luther or Rosa Young? Also, have you seen this website? They have a fairly wide price range, although I'm not sure about shipping times.

• Like 1

My favorite Lutheran gifts are Sin Boldly beer glasses.  But maybe not the best for a teens confirmation.

Some kind of prayer or devotional book seems like a good idea to me.  Maybe a set of C.S. Lewis essays - maybe Mere Christianity, or The Great Divorce?  Or Augustine's Confessions?

Or, an icon makes a really nice gift.

For my confirmation (LCMS also), my godparents got me a basic KJV Bible with a leather cover and my name engraved on the front. That is still my favorite Bible to this day. It's only about 5x7, so it's comfortably small and lightweight, but the words are big enough to read comfortably for my middle-aged eyes. It's going to need re-bound before too much longer because the cover is starting to come off.