Menu

LCHF: Hit me with your favorite blogs or recipes.

TammyinTN

I've gotten lazy - I just throw a little extra olive oil on my food after cooking for the rest of the family.  Mostly I just try not to eat the carb that I made for them.

For myself, to keep on track, I like to make homemade ice cream with little sugar.  It wouldn't taste sweet enough to a person not eating low-carb, which usually, but not always, keeps the kids out of it.  I got an ice cream maker at costco.  I whip 3.5 c heavy cream (plus vanilla and/or chocolate and whatever other flavors) with about 1/8c brown sugar, more or less depending on my mood.  If I keep my serving size reasonable, that'll last me about a week or so, maybe 10 servings.  I save it for an afternoon or after-dinner treat to keep myself from eating something more carb-y.  I would not try this until after you've been low-carbing for at least two weeks unless you leave out sugar altogether; with the sugar I put in, it isn't really quite low-carb enough for that time period.

I use myfitnesspal to make carb calculations for recipes.

• Like 1

I'm on day two and I would like to make this a life time change.  

What's your favorite blog or recipes...please!  :D

My favorite blog is : http://peaceloveandlowcarb.com

I love to make taco salads--I get lots of veggies in, plus good fat with avocado.  Sometimes we grill black bean burgers and I cut one and put in on a taco salad.  

I make full fat cauliflower and broccoli cheese soup (I use an immersion blender to blend in the cauliflower--you will never even know it's there!) 

Do you drink coffee?  Bulletproof coffee each morning is my friend.

Spinach salad with red onion, blackberries (just a few!) and avocado.  YUM!

My dh loves salami wrapped around either feta or mozzarella cheese with a piece of basil and a cherry tomato.  

If I want dessert, I eat fruit.  It is plenty sweet enough after not eating much sugar at all.  

• Like 2

I am a bulletproof coffee failure. I've exploded my blender twice, spewing hot coffee and oil all over. When I finally succeeded at keeping it in the blender, it wasn't hot enough so it was gross.

I am back to LC and here is one of my "staple" foods: take a thin slice of (deli) ham and put a bit of cream cheese and either a dill pickle slice or a spoonful of sauerkraut on it. Roll up and eat. Makes a great snack when you have carb cravings. Sometimes I'll have 3 or 4 for lunch.

• Like 4

I am back on the LC wagon too.

Suzanne Somers has some good recipes in her books. Not sure if there is a website.

On of my favs is pork chops with creamy red wine sauce.

Brown chops in butter onmedium heat, about 4-5 mins on each side and remove from pan.

Add chopped onions and a bit of garlic and saute until golden brown. Add more butter if the pan is too dry.

Add 1 C red wine to pan and reduce to about half. Add 1/2 C. heavy cream.

S &P to taste and add chops back into pan and ehat for just a minute or two.

• Like 1